Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road to Total 24h of Spa - Live Stream

Platform
    PC

Road to Total 24h of Spa - Live Stream

The goal - play and stream pCars at the time of 24h of Spa event, while watching the real thing and obey the rules (maximum stint time, maximum triple-stint, total maximum time spent in car)

As i am new to pCars and i never did a Twitch stream i want to make some practice streams before the actual 24h event. I need to find a good balance between the AI difficulty and tire wear setting. I already did 1, 2, 3 and 4h long races at SPA and want to make another 6h (today), 8h (at thursday) and 12h race (sometime at saturday).

Ok, enough talking, i need to start the stream. As soon i'm ready, i will post here. The 1st test stream will be 45min Qualification session, 100% AI, 6x tire wear, Clear weather, 5x time progression and start at 20:00 (for now i'll follow the 2016 event timetable)

Platform
    PC
    Stream is on - https: // www . twitch . tv / taurus84_sk
    Please remove spaces as i can not add links yet

Platform
    PC
    So 6x tire wear appears to be too much. 5x for the warmup and we'll see. I'll be back in about 1-2 hours

Platform
    PC
    Twitch stream online, starting any minute

Platform
    PC
    So this race was weird .. i did qualifying session a couple of hours before the actuall race and then just started the race with 5min Warm/Up, so i can set the strategy .. in warm/up i came out of the pitbox and right after Eau Rouge i saw a car with a puncture .. a few corners later another one .. and then again ..

The AI was set to 100% and i qualified 22nd with 2:20.xxx. Tyre wear at Qualifying was set to 6x. I let the AI do a few laps with a full tank and he did just 3-4 laps with softs. So for the warm-up i decreased it to 5x. But Again he pitted after 4 laps (i actually did a 30min offline Warm-up session before streaming). So i set the Tire wear to 4x for the race.

At this settings, i started the 6h race. I could do 7 laps (which was the maximum obeying the rules) without a problem and when i switched to my AI co/driver, he did that too (actually he did the same triple stint as me 7-7-6). But the other AI drivers were slower from the start, pittinright after the 1st lap and anywhere between every 3-4 laps. Later they had punctures .. one after another .. slowly cruising around the track .. some of them even stopped beside the track. After 2h 40minutes i had to stop the race, because only about 13 of the 35 AI drivers were actually racing without a puncture or something. You can see at the end of the stream, that their best lap was 2:20.xxx (only one car) and most of the best laps were around 2:23-2:25 which is not normal for 100% AI difficulty. I know it, because i did 3 and 4 hours long races before this one and never experienced anything like this. Only things i did change going to this race were:

- Weather progression - from 5x to Sync to Race
    - Time progression - from 5x to 2x
    - Tire Wear - from 6x to 4x

Here is the archive of that Twitch Stream (please delete the spaces). If somebody could look at it and tell me if this is a known bug or something .. i would be glad .. because i really want to stream that 24 hours SPA race and this is game-breaking for me. I will test it with other settings of course and let you know.

Btw. my game is moded, but it was also before this race in the same way (5 new GT cars, custom grid tool). Only Streamers Help i did used for the 1st time .. will try it without it

https:// www . twitch . tv / videos / 160068376

Platform
    PC
    I forgot to mention that according to weather settings (4 slots: 1-overcast, 2-light rain, 3-overcast, 4-overcast, sync to race), it should had rained about 1h 30min into the race. Even the race engineer told me about 50 minutes after the start, that there is rain coming in next 30 minutes. But it never came

Platform
    PC
    So i tried a few things and only one worked - changing the weather progression to anything but "Sync to race". It seems like that setting makes the AI buggy.

Platform
    PC
    Starting 8h of Spa right now on stream

Platform
    PC
    I did 12h of Spa last weekend with Real weather settings. The AI were fine, but the pit stops were buged for me. If i wanted to refuel, it gave me full tank no matter what i set. I can live with that.

But another problem occured. My strem is constantly disconnecting from Twitch or doesn't want to work at all. I checked everything in the guides, but nothing helped. Today/tomorrow i will call the ISP and if he wouldn't help me, i'm afraid that i will not be able to stream the actual 24h race.

Platform
    PC
    Looks like the Twitch problem is resolved. Streaming Pre-Qualifying now https://www.twitch.tv/taurus84_sk