Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS 2 - recreating real life multi-class championships

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    or in this case just replace gte am with gt3
    The problem is to know if GT3 are faster than GTE in some tracks (like as PCars1). Example: At LeMans the Mercedes SLS GT3 and Aston Martin Vantage GT3 are faster and have more top speed than Corvette GTE and Aston Martin GTE. I don't know if in some oficial race the GTE Pro Leader was defeated by a GTE Am.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    The problem is to know if GT3 are faster than GTE in some tracks (like as PCars1). Example: At LeMans the Mercedes SLS GT3 and Aston Martin Vantage GT3 are faster and have more top speed than Corvette GTE and Aston Martin GTE. I don't know if in some oficial race the GTE Pro Leader was defeated by a GTE Am.
    and on a little snake like circuit on Grid i once out ran and held off the entire GT1 field of Austin Martins with my little Spyker GT2 car it can happen at some tracks all i did was out dive them into the first corner at the start of the race then ran my line they never could get by me and i was never actively blocking them either

Edit: i think it was on Jarama too
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rowland View Post
    Keep the domestic championships in their home countries and use some of the shorter versions of the primary circuits to fill out the respective calendars...
    And.....replace the replacements with one of the mystery tracks when they become available (if applicable).......
    Well different people have different opinions on what to change it with. Do you want to stay domestic? Do you want to find a track that technically is the closest to it? (I find Oulton Park a nice replacement for Lime Rock in that example) Do you want to stay to the location? (street circuit vs arena vs forest vs park locations) Or do you think if a track is not available it should just be skipped? That's the reason I put the missing tracks of the original series in grey and make a suggestion below the championship with what basically I think is best to change it with (editing it with suggestions if I see improvements).

For the record - The suggestion to stay domestic: none of the series are truly domestic in the first place since Britsh GT races in Spa and Weathertech also races in Canada. As for using shorters (international / national) layouts of circuits when the GP circuit is already in use, I'm personally not so much a fan of that either because a) you race on the same location twice and b) these circuits are often shorter and the feeling of racing is just not the same as on a GP layout. Again, just my 2 cents, we all have different opinions on that.

Where is the BlancPain Series? Also, is missing the 24h of Nurburgring, 24h Dubai, and 24h Barcelona.

For WEC I suggest these classes: LMP1 - LMP2 - GT1 - GTE. Or LMP1 - LMP2 - GTE - GT3 (but use some BoP at GT3 for emulate GTE Am).
    Check out my todo list at the bottom of the first post. As far as WEC goes, GT1 for sure is too old to be in the 2017 WEC. But I will add older retro and vintage championships as well if I find all the data so GT1 will for sure be represented somewhere else. I do see a thing in adding GT3 to WEC as well so that it could represent the GTE-Am class (where the GTE class would be GTE-Pro then). I'll add that as a second option.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa

Platform
    PC
    he is saying these are guidlines for the custom championships we are supposed to be able to make in multi player eventually and your from what i understand supposed to be able to fill the field with AI if you want
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    As far as WEC goes, GT1 for sure is too old to be in the 2017 WEC
    I think so the GT1 cars of laters 90's can be a good option as a 4th class to run together with the LMP1, LMP2 and GTE, instead of GT3 cars. These GT1 cars are a combination of protoype and GT, faster than modern GTE cars, slower than LMP1, and equal in lap times to LMP2 (but GT1 have more top speed at straights than modern prototypes).

WMD Member
    Might as well replace GT1 with LMP3 if you want different performance level with a different class. GT4 would be even better as they are considerably slower than GTE and LMP2 so you get a goo distribution of performance through the class.

The thing is to be creative with the multiclass tool, not being locked in solely on the real life series. You can do some seriously crazy combinations that is really fun with different cars and tracks.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    I think so the GT1 cars of laters 90's can be a good option as a 4th class to run together with the LMP1, LMP2 and GTE, instead of GT3 cars. These GT1 cars are a combination of protoype and GT, faster than modern GTE cars, slower than LMP1, and equal in lap times to LMP2 (but GT1 have more top speed at straights than modern prototypes).

GT1 is no longer in wec.
    So no, a WEC recreation shouldn't include GT1.

GT1 are also slower than LMP2.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenium View Post
    Might as well replace GT1 with LMP3 if you want different performance level with a different class. GT4 would be even better as they are considerably slower than GTE and LMP2 so you get a goo distribution of performance through the class.

The thing is to be creative with the multiclass tool, not being locked in solely on the real life series. You can do some seriously crazy combinations that is really fun with different cars and tracks.
    GT4 is very slower for can put together with LMP1, LMP2 and GTE; also GT4 cars can be a big problem for LMP1 and LMP2 cars when the GT4 cars will going to be lapped (blue flags).

LMP3 can be a good option, but I prefer two prototype class with two GT class.

If only can put until 6 different classes instead of 4... (at least for singleplayer, because the limit of human players in multiplayer).

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    GT1 are also slower than LMP2.
    But GT1 are faster than GTE.

The only solution can be if SMS implement an option for can choose a same class for two (or more) slots at Multiclass races, only if the Host can make a BoP for can get the GTE Am. (LMP1, LMP2, GTE, GTE (with restrictor plate or another BoP for can make a GTE Am class)
    Last edited by KANETAKER; 20-07-2017 at 08:33.

Platform
    PS4
    If only can put until 6 different classes instead of 4...

Because 4-class multi isn't enough Ye.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    I'm talking about Custom Races (for singleplayer and multiplayer), not for Career Mode.