Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any word on Photo Mode for PS4 ?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Any word on Photo Mode for PS4 ?

I LOVED the original Project Cars, but died a little inside each time I tried to use the Photo Mode.

You can't free roam off the car in photo mode, or rotate the camera for angled shots. And on PS4, the slider adjustments are so slow as to be useless.

Any word on whether or not they've fixed this?

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Have you not checked out the pCARS 2 Screenshots thread?
    A lot of these are done with the new Photo Mode.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-2-Screenshots

There are many more options and it's easy.
    This is for a PC, not sure what is in for the consoles.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Of course I've checked out the Screenshots thread. As you said, they're taken on PC.

But that's my whole point, the PC has ALWAYS had a good photo mode. Those same sliders and controls that work for the PC are simply unusable on PS4 (you literally hold the controller stick over to the side for MINUTES to slide a slider over from one side to the other).

I pray the PS4 gets some love on Photo mode.
    The following user likes this Post: proterra1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I got so annoyed at it too, especially those sliders!!

However recently I found out free cam works on PS4 too. I have managed to get it working with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    Here's the thread I found: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...orary-solution

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    How in the world does that work on PS4, when the first step is Open Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by proterra1 View Post
    I got so annoyed at it too, especially those sliders!!

However recently I found out free cam works on PS4 too. I have managed to get it working with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    Here's the thread I found: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...orary-solution

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Forget the Steam bit, just start with Ctrl-K.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I can't see any reason that photo mode would be any different on console to PC - you pause the game and choose Photo Mode, and you take pictures. The UI for it works very well on a gamepad (that's what I use all the time), any sliders I just hold down left/right on the d-pad, and they move reasonably quickly (but not too quick!).

Since we got photo mode properly in our builds I haven't bothered with or missed free cam at all.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by gregc View Post
    I can't see any reason that photo mode would be any different on console to PC
    I can't either, and yet - there IS a reason. It simply does't work on PS4 (the sliders portion, anyway. Without which, the Photo mode is all but useless).

you pause the game and choose Photo Mode, and you take pictures....
    That part is fine. I can move the camera (even though it's not Free Mode), but Sliders don't work.

The UI for it works very well...
    No, it doesn't.

(that's what I use all the time), any sliders I just hold down left/right on the d-pad, and they move reasonably quickly...
    Are you using a gamepad on PC ? (Cause on PS4, using the sliders on the gamepad does NOT work. Seriously, I can hold LEFT on the gamepad to move the slider and it can take minutes to move it from one side to the other - NOT an exaggeration) Watch this Video showing what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/GihAvrKhEgE
    Last edited by Chairman7w; 21-07-2017 at 04:49.
    The following user likes this Post: proterra1

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I was talking about Project CARS 2, not the first game, and just offering the opinion that based on my experience I can't see a reason that photo mode should be any different on console to the PC version. I didn't spend much time in photo mode on the first game, and none at all on console, so couldn't make a comparison even if I had access to a console build.

Yes, I'm using a gamepad. I don't have a wheel, and I actually find the pad better than KB/mouse for photo mode.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Ive never got into the photo mode thing im too busy racing
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300