Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank's Tank talk

Watching Bake Off like a stereotypical Brit
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I like reading the little blurb things about the tanks in WoT. How many were made or what other tank it's based on/related to.
    If I get more into tanks I'm sure I'll research a bit more about it. I'm into cars and project cars inspired me to study more about some cars from its history to its engineering and philosophy behind the creation of a particular race car.
    It does prove just how technologically advanced the Germans really were, some of their prototype tanks and recreations of many of their designs from WW2 in WoT are in the same Tier as Korean War and Vietnam era tanks from years after WW2 finished. It is really interested to see how tank design evolves even in the lifetime of just one tank it can have dozens of variations for so many different roles

PCars has really made me appreciate historic race cars more too, I'm constantly looking up all the different cars and watching old races
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, hkraft300, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    I haven't played WoT for ages, I started playing War Thunder instead
    I don't think think I have anything higher than tier IV in WoT but I was going down about 4 nation's tech trees at the same time
    Yeah same, but I was playing ALL nations from the same tier. So started out playing all tier I tanks and get them high enough to unlock the tier II tanks that were branching off it. Was really fun though as you get to play with all the tanks from the same tier and really start to understand/appreciate their individual strengths and weaknesses. I think in the end I was combining tier III and IV a bit since you also get some XP or whatever bonus for playing a tank a few games each day or something? So it was better to switch between tanks a lot.

I should play it again sometime. I got owned a lot of times since I'm not really a camper and like to be out there in the frontlinies, but I did have some awesome moments a lot of times as well. And that was always just me on my own in public lobbies without a microphone. I also really enjoyed the slow firing artillery in this game, in normal FPS games I'm not a sniper at all, I think they did the artillery balance with slow firing rates and quite the inaccuracy pretty well. My favorite role was a fast and maneuverable light or medium tank playing spotter for the friendly artillery units in the back of the team.

All this talk about WoT makes me want to start it up again sometime.

WoT on the XBox One X will get a 4K HDR update in the future as well. I think I will check it out again somewhere in the december holidays if PCARS 2 won't occupy my gaming time for the full 100%.
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I like reading the little blurb things about the tanks in WoT. How many were made or what other tank it's based on/related to.
    If I get more into tanks I'm sure I'll research a bit more about it. I'm into cars and project cars inspired me to study more about some cars from its history to its engineering and philosophy behind the creation of a particular race car.
    I do that a LOT in games as well. Racing games teached me sooo much more about real life cars both new and old. And it triggered an interest in watching more racing series than just F1.

Back in the nineties when I was completely into Age of Empires I started developing this interest in ancient/medieval civilizations, wars, castles and especially medieval siege weapons. I found that stuff sooo interesting and always wondered why history class at school had to be so friggin boring. The way they teach that here in Belgium, it's one giant boring snorefest about memorizing dates and stupid irrelevant stuff. Wish they tought us more about the 100 Years War and things like that.
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    I remember my GCSE days where we were covering Britain from the end of WW1 to the late 40s. So much dull stuff about the Jarrow March, founding of the NHS and the Beveridge Report. I nearly let out an audible cheer when I opened my exam paper and it was only on the Battle of Britain
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4
    No comment...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	239079
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    The Tiger has near mythical status, most allied troops were absolutely terrified by Tigers and judging by accounts of Michael Wittmann's rampage in Normandy they had good reason-

'In less than fifteen minutes, thirteen or fourteen tanks, two anti-tank guns, and thirteen to fifteen transport vehicles had been destroyed by the Heavy SS-Panzer Battalion 101, the vast majority attributed to Wittmann.'

Platform
    PS4
    Yep...they had the same issue as McLaren in F1 though...the engine was crap...

Platform
    XBOX1
    And then it got an upgrade Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La-Gleize-Stoumont-king-tiger-tank-II-front.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	239081

Which was great except they didn't have enough fuel to run it

Platform
    PS4
    Is that the King Tiger?
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    PS4
    Say hello to my little friend...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	239082
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, hkraft300