Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Crashes to Desktop all the time! STEAM PC 1

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

[RESOLVED] Crashes to Desktop all the time! STEAM PC 1

I love this game but it is extremely unstable. I have always gotten crash to desktop, and game freezes requiring me to manually try to kill the game. This often happens in multiplayer, during a long race. I have all updated drivers, nvidia, etc. I've had this rig for YEARS and NO other games do this, except for Ubisoft games which is expected from that incompetent company. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

I would not have bought the game had I know it was SO BUGGY!!! THERE IS NO WAY I'M PAYING MONEY FOR PROJECT CARS 2!

I get several types of error messages from the game sub-systems, source code with stack trace. Tonight a new one:

window on desktop: BDbgFatal
    File Source Core PlatformAPI BPlatformAPIPC.cpp
    Line 228
    Fun: MWL::Base::_BPureCall

Pure Virtual Call trapped.

Break or Exit.

Here is a screenshot:

THIS STUPID FORUM WILL NOT LET ME POST A LINK TO STEAM IMAGE!!!!

Because of our Spam Protection System, users with only few posts cannot post links or email addresses. If you need to post a link please wait to have more forum posts or contact a Moderator..

WTF!!!!

Standard intel and NVidia... like I said I've thousands of hours on this rig with other games and not a single crash or freeze. Only with Project Cars.

Looks like these issues have been reported on this forum since 2015? Still not resolved? WTF? Have you not fixed this? Again it will not let me post links to others with this exact same reported problem!!!
    Last edited by DuHasstMich; 01-08-2017 at 04:29.

Platform
    PC
    maybe if you calm down and stop swearing someone will help you . we have great people in this forum , if someone can they will try to help . hell of a first post friend !
    OS : Windows 10 \ Processor : Intel Core i5 , 4670 , 3.4G/6M/S1150 \ RAM :Kingston Hyperx BLU 1600MH DDR3 16GB \ MB : S1150 MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Z87 \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS Radeon R9 390X \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following 2 users likes this Post: blinkngone, BullWinkle

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I had the same problem after a few months of playing. Even after a reinstall of the game same issue. I play GTA V for hours and no issue.

I gave up on the game

I will get PC2 though!

Platform
    PC
    Nailing down the cause for a crash isn't easy when it isn't widespread and common, especially since majority of people won't bother to report them or provide any kind of troubleshooting information. Forums not letting you link until you have enough posts is a common and effective anti-spam system as well.

If you're after help then listing your full system specs including OS and any overclocks would be a good start. I'm sure there are still people around who can offer some help.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Logitech G27 + TH8A shifter + CSP V3 | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Remco Van Dijk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    Nailing down the cause for a crash isn't easy when it isn't widespread and common, especially since majority of people won't bother to report them or provide any kind of troubleshooting information. Forums not letting you link until you have enough posts is a common and effective anti-spam system as well.

If you're after help then listing your full system specs including OS and any overclocks would be a good start. I'm sure there are still people around who can offer some help.
    there is nearly a 300 page thread with crash dumps and everything. They have more than enough information on the crashing to desktop.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimelime View Post
    there is nearly a 300 page thread with crash dumps and everything. They have more than enough information on the crashing to desktop.
    Unfortunately, not ever crash is the same... Even something like memory corruption can make different crash fingerprints each time.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Unfortunately, not ever crash is the same... Even something like memory corruption can make different crash fingerprints each time.
    no offense, but this is developer stuff, not troubleshooting territory. The crash will tell you where the crash occurred (what file and line) and from there it's time to debug. I've not seen this done but was probably done during the betas.

Platform
    PC
    no offense, but this is developer stuff, not troubleshooting territory. The crash will tell you where the crash occurred (what file and line) and from there it's time to debug. I've not seen this done but was probably done during the betas.
    I've done this for a living (not for SMS, but started coding a long time ago, think 80's, but moved out of coding recently). It's not that simple. *If* you are lucky enough to even have the line of code, and the stack is not corrupted (which it is 90% of the time), that doesn't tell you why or how it caused an issue.. Most of the time the issue is somewhere else, but it just took that long to break. It's just not that simple.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Remco Van Dijk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I've done this for a living (not for SMS, but started coding a long time ago, think 80's, but moved out of coding recently). It's not that simple. *If* you are lucky enough to even have the line of code, and the stack is not corrupted (which it is 90% of the time), that doesn't tell you why or how it caused an issue.. Most of the time the issue is somewhere else, but it just took that long to break. It's just not that simple.
    never said it's simple. The devs need to debug.

never said it's simple. The devs need to debug.
    And people are stating that having an error message and the line of code where it happened doesn't mean that it's the code that is at fault. We've seen plenty of cases where machine-specific issues caused errors like these. Can we stop going round in circles now? Either you provide more info on your system so people here can try and help solving your issue, or you move on.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Roger Prynne