Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On The Fly Brake Bias Adjustments

Platform
    PS4

Question On The Fly Brake Bias Adjustments

For cars that allow it, when are you adjusting the brake bias on the fly? I'm trying to deepen my knowledge of the little tweaks that more advanced drivers and tuners make during a race.

Is it on a lap-by-lap basis, where you're adjusting it before particular corners?
    Is it on a stint-by-stint basis, where as the stint goes longer and your brakes are fading, you're adjusting it (presumably forward?).

The last game I can remember having the option and requirements to adjust the mechanicals was an oval IndyCar racer: As you burned fuel, you adjusted the weight jacker on the fly to keep the car's balance correct.

Thanks!
    Project CARS Replay Enhancer (Thread): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...eplay-Enhancer
    Kobernulf Monnur's Driver Journey: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mO1D9jU200jcWJ
    The following user likes this Post: VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorPez View Post
    For cars that allow it, when are you adjusting the brake bias on the fly? I'm trying to deepen my knowledge of the little tweaks that more advanced drivers and tuners make during a race.

Is it on a lap-by-lap basis, where you're adjusting it before particular corners?
    Is it on a stint-by-stint basis, where as the stint goes longer and your brakes are fading, you're adjusting it (presumably forward?).

The last game I can remember having the option and requirements to adjust the mechanicals was an oval IndyCar racer: As you burned fuel, you adjusted the weight jacker on the fly to keep the car's balance correct.

Thanks!
    are you talking about indy car series because if so i never adjusted my weight jacker
    Last edited by dault3883; 08-08-2017 at 15:59.
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Here is some info:
    http://iracing.wikidot.com/components:brake-bias

@dault3883 adjusting weight jacker >< brake bias !??
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    Here is some info:
    http://iracing.wikidot.com/components:brake-bias

@dault3883 adjusting weight jacker >< brake bias !??
    i was replying to his quote

Quote Originally Posted by SenorPez View Post

Thanks!
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot about that part while I was replying.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    subtle
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Scenario 1: during tuning/practice/qualifying. Entering a hard braking situations to find the bias I prefer. That means I'll push bias to the rear as far as I can to the point the rear will lock and slide, then I'll push forward a click or 2 for safety.

Scenario 2 is during a long race as the fuel load drops, so once in a while IF I feel the rear getting wayward during braking.

Scenario 3: brake temperature management. Lap by lap.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 08-08-2017 at 17:09.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-45-35-60
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Schnizz58, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    XBOX1
    hkraft, what about going up/down hills. For example, at Bathurst, would it be advisable to adjust it to the rear at the bottom of the hill and then move it forward across the top before you start down the other side, then back to the original setting on Conrod?
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    For downhill braking it would be advisable to move brake bias towards the front, vice versa for uphill braking.

In long sweeping corners where you are trail braking you want to move brake bias towards the rear, but if you spin you have moved it to far back. For acute turns and hairpins (heavy braking) you want to move brake bias towards the front, but not too much because you want the rear wheels to help decelerate the car as well.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by moustace View Post
    For downhill braking it would be advisable to move brake bias towards the front, vice versa for uphill braking.
    I think that's what I said, isn't it?