Thread: On The Fly Brake Bias Adjustments

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I just clarified, obviously.
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PS4
    Sure. You could do that, you'll adjust 2-3-4 times/lap. In a quali/TT situation gray. Put yourself in a race situation: heat of battle, you have the bias set rearward but you're approaching that corner, you forget to adjust bias, slam the brakes at the last moment to pass your opponent...
    I personally don't see the benefit as the bias adjustment would be as little as 1-2%.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-40-40-60
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, gotdirt410sprintcar, Schnizz58

Platform
    XBOX1
    I wasn't necessarily advocating it, just asking if that was something people do. I can barely push the radio button to talk to mr_belowski and drive at the same time so I'm probably not going to be adjusting my brakes 3 times a lap.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Sure. You could do that, you'll adjust 2-3-4 times/lap. In a quali/TT situation gray. Put yourself in a race situation: heat of battle, you have the bias set rearward but you're approaching that corner, you forget to adjust bias, slam the brakes at the last moment to pass your opponent...
    I personally don't see the benefit as the bias adjustment would be as little as 1-2%.
    Once I set BB on a car, I almost never touch it again, unless the setting does not fit the circumstances (other tire compound or changed brake behaviour due to wet road, or a different setup). While racing: never.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I wasn't necessarily advocating it, just asking if that was something people do.
    I'm actually not sure. I think it's possible someone can adjust through a fast lap, but I don't see why you would.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    While racing: never.
    I've had to, to manage brake temps.
    Also I've had it comfortably rearward, until adrenaline kicked in mid race and I actually stomped the brakes hard enough to lock up the back end at 200 kmh...
    G29 settings (PC1).

Platform
    PC
    I've had to, to manage brake temps.
    I usually have the ducs opened far enough to stay out of trouble (though it may cost some speed).
    Also I've had it comfortably rearward, until adrenaline kicked in mid race and I actually stomped the brakes hard enough to lock up the back end at 200 kmh...

I am a bit spoiled using the Heusinkveld Pro pedals (brake pedal force set to around 45 kg). That'll give you some edge. With my previous Fanatec V3's, lock up was a lot easier.
    Last edited by Fanapryde; 09-08-2017 at 08:24.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Platform
    PS4
    Oh ye. Sphincter puckered.

I am a bit spoiled using the Heusinkveld Pro pedals (brake pedal force set to around 45 kg). That'll give you some edge. With my previous Fanatec V3's, lock up was a lot easier.
    Can they handle a Sparta kick?
    Because when I'm racing, the brakes sometimes get a Sparta kick.
    G29 settings (PC1).

Platform
    PC
    Can they handle a Sparta kick?
    Because when I'm racing, the brakes sometimes get a Sparta kick.
    Easily...full stainless steel and all load cell...
    At first I had the brake set to 55kg, but that is only OK for shorter races. As I like endurance races, I recalibrated (using DiView software) to 45kg.

Last edited by Fanapryde; 16-08-2017 at 13:16.

Platform
    PS4
    Pwooaa
    They're so pretty...
    My pedals would go sliding away. I have it braced but now I push myself back on my chair, slide away from my wheel and pedals
    G29 settings (PC1).

Platform
    PC
    My pedals would go sliding away. I have it braced but now I push myself back on my chair, slide away from my wheel and pedals
    The pedal plate on my previous rig (though rather sturdy) did bend when braking hard. Hence my switch to a 18/10 rig as pictured here: (post #510)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...p-topic/page51

Nothing bends or moves that does not have to...