Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T500RS View not correct

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question T500RS View not correct

Hello people!

I just joined this forum because i can not fix this damn issue i've been facing the whole last week since i got the Wheel.

So here's what happens:
    1. I can NOT map buttons from the Wheel because "Multiple inputs were detected"
    2. The controller settings in Windows look like this: *Ugh, can not post links ....*
    Which to me looks like all buttons except 1+2 and 12+13 are pressed?!
    3. The camera ingame ALWAYS faces backwards to the left side. I can NOT change that in any f*cking way.
    The only buttons i can press ingame are 3 pedals, the 2 Shifters and "P" for pause on the keyboard.
    Funny thing is, when i press Pause he pauses me sitting in the cockpit looking ot the left.
    4. When i select automatik driving mode for some reason the clutch is always pressed (Why does automatic have a clutch?) so when i go full throttle the car doesnt move.

Things i've done:
    1. Win10 and win7
    2. Old and New installation
    3. Newest drivers and Firmware for the wheel
    4. Waited for 5 days because waiting 1 Day fixed that brake and throttle where on the same pedal (whatever that was....?!)

Input method is T500RS with seperate wheel but for some reason i feel T300 Seperat works better....

PLEASE Help me solve this sh*t! I was so excited to finally drive with a good wheel and now all this shit wants me to throw it out the window and go back to my xbox controller.
    Last edited by FloRolf; 13-08-2017 at 09:25.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Is your xbox controller still connected? It's just a formal question becuase it shouldn't cause any problems. I had 2 xbox controllers + my t500 + th8(shifter) connected and it still worked. BUT I did notice Windows 10(or the Netflix app) going haywire after the latest update. I couldn't enjoy Netflix with my wheel connected because it would keep sending inputs which meant the onscreen controls wouldn't turn off. I had to disconnect my wheel. That problem has fixed itself though.

But long story short, disconnect all other controllers for a test AND make sure no input device(keyboard mouse or anything else) is sending inputs. Also make sure it's not your wheel that's faulty because it sounds like your Windows control panel also sees inputs while you're not doing anything. And make sure your wheel drivers are up to date(maybe even reinstall). Also which wheel is on the T500? The GT(with PS buttons)? I asked this because I also have the 458 wheel and on that wheel in the past the POV didn't work in a lot of games.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 13-08-2017 at 09:48.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Is your xbox controller still connected? It's just a formal question becuase it shouldn't cause any problems. I had 2 xbox controllers + my t500 + th8(shifter) connected and it still worked. BUT I did notice Windows 10(or the Netflix app) going haywire after the latest update. I couldn't enjoy Netflix with my wheel connected because it would keep sending inputs which meant the onscreen controls wouldn't turn off. I had to disconnect my wheel. That problem has fixed itself though.

But long story short, disconnect all other controllers for a test AND make sure no input device(keyboard mouse or anything else) is sending inputs. Also make sure it's not your wheel that's faulty because it sounds like your Windows control panel also sees inputs while you're not doing anything. And make sure your wheel drivers are up to date(maybe even reinstall). Also which wheel is on the T500? The GT(with PS buttons)? I asked this because I also have the 458 wheel and on that wheel in the past the POV didn't work in a lot of games.
    Hey thanks for answering!

No i disconnected it after a few tries. it was also the wireless one.
    I still have my keyboard and mouse connected but i don't see them outputting anything. How can i check that?

It's just the standard GT wheel with PS buttons, yeah. And how do you think i should check if the keyboard isnt faulty?

The thing is, i don't really care too much about the buttons that are not working but more like the view i can't change. If they are connected (which they probably are) i need fix both though

Go into Steam, settings, controller and check under general controller settings.. basically untick everything.. and see if that helps

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX750Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Go into Steam, settings, controller and check under general controller settings.. basically untick everything.. and see if that helps
    Hadn't thought of that. Easiest check to see if it's Steam is to exit Steam(with the exit option under Steam in the Steam menu) and see if the Windows/Thrustmaster control panel still sees button presses.

-Mario Andretti

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hadn't thought of that. Easiest check to see if it's Steam is to exit Steam(with the exit option under Steam in the Steam menu) and see if the Windows/Thrustmaster control panel still sees button presses.
    Everything was already unchecked except the first one. But didn't help. Closing steam still shows most buttons as pressed as seen here:
    https:// imgur.com/mGKK7VP

remove the " " before imgur.

Also when i try to test the buttons in the "Test Forces"-Tab, they don't do anything. But it also doesnt go crazy as if all are pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by FloRolf View Post
    Everything was already unchecked except the first one. But didn't help. Closing steam still shows most buttons as pressed as seen here:

Also when i try to test the buttons in the "Test Forces"-Tab, they don't do anything. But it also doesnt go crazy as if all are pressed.
    That's a detachable wheel I assume, have you tried removing it and see what it thinks then (as it actually looks to me like that wheel is just broken)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX750Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    PC
    That's a detachable wheel I assume, have you tried removing it and see what it thinks then (as it actually looks to me like that wheel is just broken)
    I refrained from asking that because it uses the attached wheel to display the panel(a GT has another one than the 458, because they have different buttons)). So no wheel will probably show a 'no add-on wheel connected' message. But it is worth a try.

You could also try a different USB port(if it's on a USB3 port try a USB2 port) and while you're add it, take the power plug off too, so it's completely powered down. Shut down your system before switching and taking the powerplug off just to be sure.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 13-08-2017 at 19:07.

-Mario Andretti

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FloRolf View Post

What is weird is that it's at 49.6 degrees. At rest it should be at 50%(I just checked mine).

-Mario Andretti

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I refrained from asking that because it uses the attached wheel to display the panel(a GT has another one than the 458, because they have different buttons)). So no wheel will probably show a 'no add-on wheel connected' message. But it is worth a try.

You could also try a different USB port(if it's on a USB3 port try a USB2 port) and while you're add it, take the power plug off too, so it's completely powered down. Shut down your system before switching and taking the powerplug off just to be sure.
    What is weird is that it's at 49.6 degrees. At rest it should be at 50%(I just checked mine).
    First off, thank you guys for the quick response!

I haven't tried taking the wheel off yet but i assume i'll have to try that tomorrow...

I already tried all of my USB Ports and even two different computers with different OS's (w10 and w7) so that shouldn't be the issue :/
    The 49.6% is my fault, sorry! It actually calibrates on every startup to 50%. Twice to be exact lol.