Thread: Why do IA cars have too much fuel than necessary in a single race?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Angry Why do IA cars have too much fuel than necessary in a single race?

If you do a simulation mode in Project cars AI cars have too much fuel than necessary.
    In Monza in Ginetta GT4 race I have 17 litres for 5 laps, AI cars have 30 litres and finishing the race with 10-15 litres in advance.

Platform
    PC
    They just do....
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    In my experience they never have enough, in a 20min race at Spa in LMP1s all of the AI need to pit which is just silly. The same trend seems to follow for pretty much everything, AI use (on average) half a tank before pitting. It messes up the whole concept of endurance racing as I win by default. Only way I've been able to deal with it is to run half fuel myself and set fuel use to slow. I wish they would use a full tank.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I do mostly one hour races and either they never have enough or they stop when they could have made it to the end.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by doodleco View Post
    In my experience they never have enough, in a 20min race at Spa in LMP1s all of the AI need to pit which is just silly. The same trend seems to follow for pretty much everything, AI use (on average) half a tank before pitting. It messes up the whole concept of endurance racing as I win by default. Only way I've been able to deal with it is to run half fuel myself and set fuel use to slow. I wish they would use a full tank.
    So you would consider 20' races as an endurance race ?
    I did find out that if I team up with a B-spec BOB (AI) for a 24hr race (in real time) that he always pits too early for fuel. Even on the safe side I can complete at least one lap more on the Nords, or much more on other tracks. Which at first made me miss a couple of driver changes because he had already pitted at the time I came back to the rig.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    No of course not, my post is a bit misleading...
    What I meant is that if the AI can't even last a 20min race without pitting then how can they expect to perform in an endurance race? I tend to do full endurance races (6hrs mostly and recently completed a 24hr) but I find that the only way I can make it interesting is to set fuel usage to slow and half my fuel load to make it fair.

What seems even more strange to me is the number of AI who run out of fuel despite pitting so often!