Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will pCars2 be a long term project?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Will pCars2 be a long term project?

So I can expect bug fixes, expansions, DLCs from the developer in the next several years?

Platform
    PC
    Nobody knows. But if with 'long term' you mean 'like rF2 or iRacing' then no. There will be DLC, bug fixes and such, but pC3 will come after pC2 although how long afterwards no-one knows yet.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    With so many tracks to ride on?. Way to go until getting bored of it, just like in pc1 which still is as fun as it was before.

The four DLCs will come only to expand it even further.

Let's hope for Mugello being one of the DLC tracks..

WMD Member
    If you expect it to be another endless science project like other games in the market, Pcars 2 will not another.

I rather see SMS move on to the next game after 1 year+ with Pcars 2.
    The following user likes this Post: RacingAtHome

Platform
    PC
    I fully expect a 2 year lifecycle, much like pCARS1 was.

To me, that's a realistic and appropriate schedule.

Now, about that WMD3 sign up........ when will we hear about that? This time, I AM IN!!
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 4 users likes this Post: amazed, GTsimms, hkraft300, OddTimer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    A two-year lifecycle for a recurrent strikes me as about right on present-day hardware. Long gone are the days when one year was plenty--the snail-pace evolution of the NHL series is Exhibit A AFAIC--but Gran Turismo is coming up on only its seventh official title in two decades, which goes too far the other way.
    The following user likes this Post: amazed

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    was it really 2 years though, didn't support drastically fall after 12months?

If the game is in good shape i would be happy with a year tbh as long as they work on 3. 2 would be even better. As well as DLC I really hope they add features like custom grid & championships dont really care about anything else.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Feels like the Project CARS brand as a whole is, excuse the pun, the overarching "project" and each iteration of the sim whether it be 1, 2 or possibly 3 feels like a new build of that vision... so in a sense it does seem like a long term project just stretched out over various releases rather than constantly downloading slightly updated builds every couple of weeks onto the same base software. I'm sure there'll be patches that either add, fix or refine little bits over time as that's the nature of gaming we live in nowadays but I can't imagine anything to the extent of Iracing which in my opinion is no bad thing thing.
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    What I fear the most is that they end up changing the handling through some patch even if it was perfect from the scratch in the 1.0 version.

I seriously hope they don't touch it if it's so good from the beginning.

Very good arcade racing games like Driveclub did that and the stealthy filthy way by the way in an effort to make the game more accessible to scrubs, and they kind of ruined the handling and the physics eventually. That hurt a lot, and still does.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    I fully expect a 2 year lifecycle, much like pCARS1 was.
    I don't expect this. The lifecycle of PCars 1 was only so short because they had no more money at release. That's why they want to bring a sequel to fix all the issues from the first game. If PCars 2 runs better (and that is what I expect), then they will support it for a longer cycle, I guess. BTW the new generation of consoles has just been released. So they must wait for a while to get more powerful hardware to implement new features and better graphics (especially VR).