Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WMD2 Members - What is your favorite new feature?

Platform
    PC

Lightbulb WMD2 Members - What is your favorite new feature?

I wanted to get the WMD2 members to talk a little more about what their favorite new feature of PC2 is for those patiently waiting for September 22nd.

This is about "new features" which are not in PC1, not new tracks and/or cars.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 7 users likes this Post: amazed, breyzipp, derkanzler, F1_Racer68, Konan, OddTimer, Thomas Sikora

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I wanted to get the WMD2 members to talk a little more about what their favorite new feature of PC2 is for those patiently waiting for September 22nd.

This is about "new features" which are not in PC1, not new tracks and/or cars.
    What's yours? I assume you are playing the game already? good topic =]
    The following 5 users likes this Post: amazed, F1_Racer68, Ixoye56, Konan, Mahjik

Platform
    PC
    Motorsport Presets/Favorites

I love, love, love this feature... Essentially, if you are a "Quick Race Weekend" person like me, you will love this as well. This makes setting up a Quick Race Weekend as easy as picking a discipline (say GT racing).... It will set the practice session time, qualifying, warm-up and race configurations based on a typical GT race discipline. Unless you want to tweak the weather, all you have to do is to pick the car you want to drive and go!

I've been switching between rallycross and endurance racing with basically 2-3 clicks and that's it!

Favorites are similar but it's your configuration rather than a SMS preset. You setup a Quick Race Weekend exactly as you want it, then you mark it as a "Favorite". When you want to run that same type of race weekend again, you just select the Favorite, pick your car and go! Between the Motorsport Presets and the Favorites, it makes using Quick Race Weekend so much easier!
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    XBOX1
    Motorsport Presets/Favorites
    Is there a set number of favorites that we're allowed to save, or can it be as many as we like?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    Is there a set number of favorites that we're allowed to save, or can it be as many as we like?
    Unfortunately, there is a limit currently. IIRC it's 4 favorites. There are about 8 Motorsport Presets so you'll have about 12 total presets available for Quick Race Weekends.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, GenBrien, hkraft300, OddTimer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Does the presents take into consideration race length as well? so let's say a gt3 race would be 1h at least?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Unfortunately, there is a limit currently. IIRC it's 4 favorites. There are about 8 Motorsport Presets so you'll have about 12 total presets available for Quick Race Weekends.
    Can these presets/favorites be used for online as well? For instance, if I wanted to use the "Le Mans" preset to quickly set up an online race? Or if I was in a lobby where I played a certain configuration of Rallycross that I particularly liked, could I save that as a favorite as well?

Platform
    PC
    I like being to drive in to the puts, into your stall, and then drive back out again manually.
    Last edited by Azure Flare; 25-08-2017 at 20:25.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following 6 users likes this Post: amazed, ermo, F1_Racer68, Konan, Leper Messiah, SharkyOB

Platform
    XBOX1
    I like the way the user interface is laid out and how items are related well. The graphic look is also much improved, including the HUD. Race Eng and Set Up available from the pit is probably my most favorite feature. But I'm sure there is a lot to discover at release! Especially the drive feel.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST
    The following user likes this Post: Leper Messiah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    Does the presents take into consideration race length as well? so let's say a gt3 race would be 1h at least?
    Yes. That's the biggest benefit for me as when I switch between say Endurance racing which is in hours, to Rallycross which is typically 6 laps. The Motorsport Presets take care of that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    Can these presets/favorites be used for online as well? For instance, if I wanted to use the "Le Mans" preset to quickly set up an online race? Or if I was in a lobby where I played a certain configuration of Rallycross that I particularly liked, could I save that as a favorite as well?
    I'm not sure on the MP side. I've honestly only done one PC2 online race when we did a full grid multi-class LeMans test race (which was a complete blast!). I'll see if I can check on it.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips