Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WMD2 Members - What is your favorite new feature?

Platform
    PS4
    The all new career mode...

@Azure: man...i didn't even know that was possible...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: Leper Messiah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I'm not sure on the MP side. I've honestly only done one PC2 online race when we did a full grid multi-class LeMans test race (which was a complete blast!). I'll see if I can check on it.
    Just confirmed, you can use the Motorsport Presets & Favorites for MP setup.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, OddTimer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Just confirmed, you can use the Motorsport Presets & Favorites for MP setup.

WMD Member
    I guess for me is, the handling feels improved over the original. The change in grip felt a lot more progressive to change of temperature, the way you drive and wear. I rarely get that snappy feel that you get in older games while the weighty feel of the cars made it feel more believable. Some cars do drive better than pcars 1, probably due to physics improvements in quite a number of aspects.

The other part I like is the combination of the old licenses from pcars 1 and new ones in pcars 2. It felt like it is a more complete game while many classes are expanded with new interesting vehicles to the point it is really enjoyable to drive without the grid having only 2 different models.

EDIT, yes, i know it is a slow edit: After playing F1 2017, I absolutely love Pcars 2's Livetrack 3.0. It functions well, visually stunning and there are gameplay impact on the vehicle handling with drying lines and puddles. Then, the dynamic transition of dry to rain to dry again, that is something SMS done extremely well.
    Last edited by Cheesenium; 29-08-2017 at 02:49.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, GenBrien, hkraft300, Leper Messiah, M. -VIPER- Morgan, OddTimer

Platform
    PC
    Snow ...

Winter is Here !
    OS: Windows 10 Pro CPU : Intel i7-4790K 4GHz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 970 RAM : 12Gig PC-1333 MoBo : ASROCK Z97 PRO4 SSD: Crucial 500GB Wheel: Logitech G29
    Secondary Controler (for pCars) : Thrustmaster GPX LightBack Ferrari F1 Edition
    The following 3 users likes this Post: KuKIE, Leper Messiah, M. -VIPER- Morgan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    I like being to drive in to the puts, into your stall, and then drive back out again manually.
    I'm really excited for this feature too, all to often seen I've seen people charge into the pit lane at 150 mph only for the AI to take over and bring the car to a perfect stop at the pit stall. As tiny as it seems, it will bring so much more immersion to the on track experience.
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ
    The following 8 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, GenBrien, Konan, Leper Messiah, M. -VIPER- Morgan, OddTimer, Roger Prynne, SharkyOB

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgerzzz View Post
    I'm really excited for this feature too, all to often seen I've seen people charge into the pit lane at 150 mph only for the AI to take over and bring the car to a perfect stop at the pit stall. As tiny as it seems, it will bring so much more immersion to the on track experience.
    I remember the first time I played iRacing for the first time back in 2015. It felt so awesome to pull out of the garage, drive down the pitlane, and deactivate the speed limiter for the first time. It's completely normal to me now, and it feels strange when I'm not able to.
    Last edited by Azure Flare; 31-08-2017 at 10:47.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following 2 users likes this Post: derkanzler, F1_Racer68

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    For those who've seen it, how are the formation and cool-down laps handled? There's a certain amount of ceremony/pageantry in motor sports--"Drivers, start your engines," track marshals doing their flag display at the end of an F1 race, and so on. (The "opera" section of Gran Turismo 4's opening movie touches on this, for reference.) So, how does that play out visually in PC2?

Oh, and BTW, @Konan: what ABOUT the Career mode is better? What are the best "Wow" moments that you've seen?

Platform
    PC
    Is the replay feature better than PC1?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by CassielLight View Post
    For those who've seen it, how are the formation and cool-down laps handled? There's a certain amount of ceremony/pageantry in motor sports--"Drivers, start your engines," track marshals doing their flag display at the end of an F1 race, and so on. (The "opera" section of Gran Turismo 4's opening movie touches on this, for reference.) So, how does that play out visually in PC2?

Oh, and BTW, @Konan: what ABOUT the Career mode is better? What are the best "Wow" moments that you've seen?
    -I really like how the AI has become even more "human" than in Pcars1
    -the fact that if when it rains there can be dry parts of track so that your strategy becomes more challenging.
    -the layout of the tiers
    -animated and manual pitstops
    -factory drive contracts
    -the spotter feature
    -Indycar in career
    -Rallycross
    -flags
    -AI DNF's
    I'm sure i left a lot of things out but those i mentioned already make for a real challenging career which promises to be loads of fun...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: GenBrien, hkraft300, Leper Messiah, M. -VIPER- Morgan, Major Epidemic