Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tracks you have no love for

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah but that's a real traditional circuit with very straight up corners, it's arguably my favourite track as I am very strong there and passing opportunities are many.

Brands is a mess, the corners are just weird.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    Yeah but that's a real traditional circuit with very straight up corners, it's arguably my favourite track as I am very strong there and passing opportunities are many.

Brands is a mess, the corners are just weird.
    Track is a track.... There really is no such thing as "traditional circuit"... As a driver, you learn how to drive any track the same way.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Track is a track.... There really is no such thing as "traditional circuit"... As a driver, you learn how to drive any track the same way.
    I think what he meant is that it's not a "Tilke-drome" you know one of his worst tracks, the soulless concotions that are just complicated for the sake of being complicated.

Not to say that the man hasn't made good ones, like the Sachsenring, it's just that he has ruined some classics. Like Hockenheim.

Quote Originally Posted by doodleco View Post
    Turn 1 I lose the rear under braking through to mid-corner and heavy understeer out. If I brake earlier I can keep on track but get rear ended by the rest of the field. Struggle to find the apex partly because the blind nature of the turn.
    Turn 2 I'm ok with, manage to out brake others most of the time.
    Turn 3 is heavy understeer which causes me to run wide onto the rumbles, destabilise the car and snap from understeer to oversteer faster than I can think, usually resulting in a spin.
    Turn 4, again I find it's a slightly blind apex so struggle to get the line right without losing the rear mid turn.
    Turn 5 is hit or miss, sometimes I get it right but sometimes I take it a touch too fast and understeer.
    Turn 6 I normally get understeer on exit and lose control on the bumps. Practice at hitting my braking point needed.
    Turn 7, feels like understeer and oversteer keep trading with other. Sometimes I hit it right and it feels great and gives me a perfect line through turn 8, but not very often.
    Turn 9 isn't too bad and I normally do fine as long as I avoid the bumps while turning.

I love the track, one of the best in the UK... but it is just so tricky for me so hate racing on it. More practice time needed. I'll take note of your suggestions and watch the video and hopefully manage to last a whole race without taking up rally driving.
    I had a lot of trouble with Turn 3, until I found out that for the best line through it, you brake earlier than what you think is best!
    I think, I tend to brake shortly after that bit where the track narrows, and then turn in rather quick.
    But you know trying to describe a rythm of the top of your head....
    It's a bit like in combat flightsims, turning early gives you an advantage. But not too early.

Turn 1 is another such case, if you delay the turn in a bit too long, you get on the off camber part and you're screwed.

And let's not talk about spin recovery, it's easier to do that in AC or R3E imho.
    PCars spin recovery is a bit like trying Spin Recovery in a P-39 Airacobra in Il-2 1946. (In other words it's a total b*****. )
    It's too much on/off for me, while in the other two it feels violent but progressive.

Turn 4 is tricky, as yeah you don't see the apex and the corner tightens quite a bit, which forces you to trail brake while turning, it's a really on the edge corner.

Turn 5 is easy, once you get it right that is..... Best bet is to go slower into it that you did before and then try go up and up. Begin below the maximum and then work your way up.
    Turn 6 is generally slower and as a rule of thumb one gear lower than Turn 5.

Turn 7 easy on the throttle and no big steering inputs while going over the crest.

Brands is a great track, but yeah I had to knock down quite a few laps there to get good at it. I did my FFB testing there.