Thread: [RESOLVED] My games won't recognize Logitech G29 wheel, pedals or shifter

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Question [RESOLVED] My games won't recognize Logitech G29 wheel, pedals or shifter

First of all, I am exhausted from trying, but I won't give up, as I look here for additional help.

I am new here, so thanks for having me, very much appreciated. I installed Project CARS 1 on my PC today, and connected my Logitech G29, pedals and gearshifter. Windows installed the necessary drivers, it turns up in Device Manager, and in Control Panel > Devices and Printers. Windows recognizes it as it automatically calibrates the wheel. I have set the hardware button to "PS4", and I can even calibrate the wheel in Properties. I've also installed the latest version of Logitech Gaming Software and the correct wheel shows up there, and I can map the buttons on it. I've tried connecting it to both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports.

But no games registers the wheel.

I first tried Euro Truck Simulator 2 but my wheel isn't listed in the settings, then I installed and went into Project Cars, and while I can navigate the menus because I mapped the buttons in Logitech Gaming Software, nothing else works. I've chosen G29 seperated pedals in Options but neither wheel nor pedals or shifter works when I go into a race. I've tried calibrating in the game but it doesn't register the wheel or pedals, and I've tried assigning throttle, brake and clutch to my pedals but that doesn't work either.

I went on to completely uninstall and install the drivers and Logitech Gaming Software, and I even tried only connecting the wheel after I started up Project Cars but that didn't work either.

So I am not only exhausted, but also really at a point where I don't know what to do, to get my games to recognize my Logitech G29. I hope some of you experts on here can help me out or come up with suggestions I could try out next. Thank you for reading through my post and putting aside a little time for this issue.

Go into Steam and into the settings, look under controller and make sure to untick all the stuff in the General Controller settings..

(then go onto the Steam forums and tell Valve they are a bunch of *********)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, hkraft300, Remco Van Dijk, Roger Prynne

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Goddamn, that is at the brink of hilarious. Silly Valve.

That made my wheel and pedals work. I could calibrate everything.
    Last edited by Pachimari; 29-08-2017 at 15:49.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Mad Al, Remco Van Dijk, Roger Prynne

Apart from the swearing, I'm glad it's working again
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.