Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I missed the first wave of one x Scorpio branded
    I'll wait until the September announcement for non Scorpio branded one X's

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    I will get the XBox One X as well, already pre-ordered the Project Scorpio Edition which will launch November 7th.

Between September 22th and then I will be playing it on my standard XBox One X, will post here how it runs and how initial impressions are.
    Thanks! I, and others I'm sure, shall be waiting eagerly.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1
    Right now I just have a regular ol' Xbox One but plan on getting the new one when they've been out for a little bit.
    The following user likes this Post: OddTimer

Platform
    XBOX1
    Question for all the Xbox guys who are planning on upgrading to the X1X...what convinced you to make the upgrade?

Personally I'm planning on waiting. I just don't feel that it's worth paying 500 dollars now for it. The only game that will be available at its launch and was designed for the platform...is Forza 7. Sure it looks nice, but it's just not for me anymore. I don't even want to spend 60 dollars to play Forza, forget about 500. Sure there will be patches for existing games to bring them up to 4k, but going from 2k to 4k is nothing like the leap of going from, say, SNES to a Playstation...or from PS2 to a PS3, for example. In those cases, it was unquestionable that there was an absolutely massive leap in visual quality from one platform to the other. I don't see evidence of a similar leap going from X1 to X1X.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dump on the X1 or X1X...I own an X1 and for the most part am very pleased with it. I'm just curious what other people have seen, as maybe there's something I'm unaware of.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    Question for all the Xbox guys who are planning on upgrading to the X1X...what convinced you to make the upgrade?

Personally I'm planning on waiting. I just don't feel that it's worth paying 500 dollars now for it. The only game that will be available at its launch and was designed for the platform...is Forza 7. Sure it looks nice, but it's just not for me anymore. I don't even want to spend 60 dollars to play Forza, forget about 500. Sure there will be patches for existing games to bring them up to 4k, but going from 2k to 4k is nothing like the leap of going from, say, SNES to a Playstation...or from PS2 to a PS3, for example. In those cases, it was unquestionable that there was an absolutely massive leap in visual quality from one platform to the other. I don't see evidence of a similar leap going from X1 to X1X.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dump on the X1 or X1X...I own an X1 and for the most part am very pleased with it. I'm just curious what other people have seen, as maybe there's something I'm unaware of.
    Lifetime Xbox owner here. I like the idea of the Xbox One X but it only caters to a small audience, those who own 4K equipment. I imagine there is a small portion that are buying it that are not running a 4K system and just wanted the updated performance. I currently do not have a 4K TV, so spending $500 on a new system that does nothing but improve the graphics and load time of games just doesn't make sense for me right now. I already dropped $500 on a Xbox One day one and now the same system can be bought for half that price, so I'm in no rush this time for an upgrade
    Gamertag: ItsDoomsday Setup: TX Leather Edtion, T3PA Pedals, TH8A Shifter, Openwheeler cockpit, 42 inch Vizio LED with Vizio sound bar, Satellite speakers and wireless Sub
    Favorite Road Course: Watkins Glen/ Favorite Oval: Dover International/ Favorite F1 Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsdoomsday48 View Post
    Lifetime Xbox owner here. I like the idea of the Xbox One X but it only caters to a small audience, those who own 4K equipment. I imagine there is a small portion that are buying it that are not running a 4K system and just wanted the updated performance. I currently do not have a 4K TV, so spending $500 on a new system that does nothing but improve the graphics and load time of games just doesn't make sense for me right now. I already dropped $500 on a Xbox One day one and now the same system can be bought for half that price, so I'm in no rush this time for an upgrade
    Seems like we're in a similar situation. I don't own a 4k (or even an HDR-capable) TV, so there's really not much incentive for me to go out and purchase an X1X for 500, then drop at least another 6 or 700 on a new TV. I'm sure the results would look better than what I currently have, but not $1000+ better. Faster load times are nice, and the potential for running at higher frame rates is nice too, but to me that still doesn't deliver that "wow" factor...that "OMG I HAVE to have it because my current setup looks like absolute trash by comparison". Probably a couple years down the road, I'll jump on board once the prices have dropped. I just don't have the desire (or the wallet) to be an early adopter for most things anymore.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well, there's this article HERE, so PC2 will perform better on it (or should, at least). It is a far more powerful system, and there will be performance benefits even to those of us sticking with 1080 (use a 30" gaming monitor with no plans to change, myself). Plus, most games going forward will largely be optimized for the later hardware (this part doesn't affect me that much, I generally pick one or two racing games and stick with them). Mostly for me, my console is 2.5 years old or so and not getting any newer, and although I'd call it reliable it seems to have its "isms" now and then. By the time I'm planning to replace it with the Scorpio (I'm calling it that because these letters are getting confusing), some bundles should be starting to roll out at a bit of a discount from the current price. That's the plan, anyway.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I had always planned on getting it for P Cars 2 because I figured P Cars would run better on it. With all the extra power I thought it would run closer to PC specs. I still want it for 4k and I have been pricing 4k tv's and you can get one pretty cheap depending on what you want. Holiday time they should be even cheaper. Now that SMS has said that P Cars will be optimized for it I definitely want 1. I believe it's only a matter of time before developers really learn how to take advantage of the new hardware and power.

I'm not breaking the bank for it I don't have to have it day 1. My hype meter went down somewhat when Microsoft backed off of VR somewhat. VR may have been the biggest selling point for me and when then backed off from it my expectations were dulled just a bit. I plan on getting it around holiday time.

If SMS announces major upgrades over the base Xbox 1 version of the game this could drive my hype meter back up in a big way. Waiting on that news now. P Cars 2 is the game I'm looking forward to most so if it's much better on Scorpio I got to have it.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 02-09-2017 at 07:30.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by DECATUR PLAYA View Post

If SMS announces major upgrades over the base Xbox 1 version of the game this could drive my hype meter back up in a big way. Waiting on that news now. P Cars 2 is the game I'm looking forward to most so if it's much better on Scorpio I got to have it.
    Be nice if sms announced anything Xbox related to be honest

Re Xbox one x I steered clear of the project Scorpio launch hype and will be picking up one of the normal one x machine
    The following user likes this Post: ykiki

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I am like some others in this thread. I have deluxe version pre ordered. But I am riding with original Xbox. For me like others noted the same thing I think, you need 4K tv HDR television which runs about 1000 depending on size. Those graphics are nice but not 500 dollars worth. I believe that SMS has made PC2 to run better on original Xbox unlike first PC Cars. I would like to have new Xbox one day, but it will be a while. Unlike some others I can live with a few imperfections in graphics. All games today are better that SNES. So I am good just ready for the 22th which also happens to be my bday. Birthday present running gtr cars at Indy in snow.lol
    Last edited by Poulka; 02-09-2017 at 17:57. Reason: Left out wording