Thread: The AI seems to be running on IMSA regulations

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

The AI seems to be running on IMSA regulations

For the people who complain about the AI in this game let them just turn their attention to the IMSA races this year. At VIR the Corvette and Ford didn't give any room to either. Or the Acura and Lexus having a bumper car series earlier in the race. So when the AI doesn't move out of your way or decides to give you a love tap just remember that its just like real life
    The following 3 users likes this Post: blinkngone, F1_Racer68, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Battle for 3rd, Weathertech Sportscar Championship @ VIR 27 August 2017:

Intel i7 4770S@3.1Ghz | eVGA GTX 1080 | Crucial Ballistix 2*8GB | Asus Z87-A Mainboard | BenQ Zowie XL2730 2560*1440@144Hz | Logitech G25 | Natural Point Track IR4 | Playseats Evolution
    The following 2 users likes this Post: blinkngone, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    "It's not a bug, it's a feature"
    The following 2 users likes this Post: blinkngone, hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Racing incidents/aggressive Ai is fine but there is a degree to which it can be over the top in a game if not done correctly.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A

Platform
    PS4
    Some people are a little more sensitive to contact and track aggression than others
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: Fanapryde

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Some of the stuff that generally goes on in IMSA seems a little more brash than it's European or Worldwide counterparts, makes it a hell of a lot of fun to watch though. The race at Belle Isle, Detroit always throws up some interesting incidents, I'm sure te PCARS AI would produce some equally interesting results if that circuit was in the game!
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yub and it's a big difference between you being in a GT3 racer, some of which like the Bentley are very tanky and say a formula car.

And then there is the problem that the AI doesn't seem to care about self preservation, like the time one of them didn't leave any space and I had Contact in Turn 17 (the one before Blanchimont) in Spa. We both went into the Barriers, hard.

Had a much better exit than him from Stavelot set up the overtake and was at least 1/2 to 2/3 car length ahead into Turn 17, when he just turned in. GT3 cars. I couldn't even see him beside me at that point (helmet cam+TrackIR).

Platform
    PC
    There are separate AI sliders for skill (speed) and aggression in Project CARS 2.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Polarwolf

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    And thank god for that Ryzza5, it will help us a lot.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    There are separate AI sliders for skill (speed) and aggression in Project CARS 2.
    Dial up the aggression for GT and touring cars.
    Dial down for open wheel.

Been racing pc1 AI a lot the past few days. It feels like the AI was dialled while driving VR. I get a few bumps and knocks which are mostly avoidable on my part, if I could see better?
    The AI's limited FoV and awareness feels very real to me especially when I get immersed. AI might turn in/cut me off and I know it's my fault. You wouldn't want to put your car in the blind spot of an opponent when he's unaware (or an a-hole) - that's asking for a disaster. Some AI see you and give you space. Some cut you off.
    However, that being said: AI themselves will have a daring lunge occasionally. If you're unaware (if only I had VR lol) you might get a bump on the inside. If you keep an eye out when defending, you can tell when they will have take a dive (watch out for the Ginetta!) And avoid it. Go wide, over under, keep your position.

Very rarely it'll be a race ending shunt but all the little knocks do add up.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 06-09-2017 at 04:19.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25