Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playseat advice

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have a playseat evo and use 3 pedal set up, its a none issue... No problems, although i think now some of the new rigs ma be a bit cooler!

Platform
    PS4
    Yes the middle bar can be an issue if you break with the left foot (wheel shift gear) but all depends how you mount the pedals.

I'de like to leave a Basic/mid-range racing rig setup under $1500. Cockpit: Playseat Revolution, Logitech G29, PS4 1TB, 42" TV 1080p, 5.1 Channel Speakers, PVC mat... yes, we can lower the price tag under the $1000 mark on refurbished/second-hand SIM racing equipment. (for those who interested in looking for).

So, let me know your likes or dislikes.

Last edited by MarcsGTi; 11-12-2017 at 02:09.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have basically the same seat (not PC2 version though), T300RS, T3PAPro pedals and TH8A shifter.
    - it's decent quality and structure for the money. Usually they are quite inexpensive compared to other rigs.
    - the centre post can be annoying, but once you get your pedals set up and spend a bit of time fine-tuning their position, it's ok. Obviously there's a bloody post there, but as long as your leg is not resting against it, its ok.
    - if you use pedals that have pressure sensor, or mod that requires more brake pressure, you will need to re-inforce the pedal mount. This I thin is the most important thing. It flexes too much if you push hard on the brakes. If youre using standard brakes (no load cell, or mod that requires a lot of brake pressure), its OK. Otherwise you need to re-inforce the brake mount plate. Check this link for related info.
    - you can get a separate mount for the shifter. It works well and is solid.
    The following user likes this Post: MarcsGTi

Platform
    PC
    I have the Playseat revolution. It is fine so far. The Bar is not an issue for my legs when driving, but it is in the way when getting in or out of the seat.
    And it lacks stability. Don't get me wrong, it isn't flimsy or such, but I would have liked less flex.
    also I had to use duct tape to prevent the wheel table from slowly sliding down when driving. You cannot push it up or down by hand, but I think the ffb vibrations are causing it to crawl down 2 inches per half an hour of playtime.
    I wrapped one layer of duct tape around the bar and now it doesn't move down anymore.
    If now the flex issue of the wheel table was solved, I'd be a happy man.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: MarcsGTi

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Finally got my T300RS GT edition wheel and was thinking of buying this

https://www.gtomegaracing.com/wheel-...ng-wheel-stand
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    43 INCH 4K UHD LG TV WITH 2TB PS4 PRO AND T300RS GT EDITION WHEEL

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    For the immersion if you can afford it go for seat rig.

I have the Playseat and had never raced before pcars 1 so had no preconceptions, at first I bought a wheel stand but this was binned only after a couple of weeks as it didn't add to the race experience .

The playseat rig is fine as a starter rig and i have used it nearly every day for 2 years and it works great. The center bar can be a pain sometimes but I purchased the seat slider upgrade which allows a lot more adjustments as the standard rig has a fixed seat.
    Pcars1 Resources for All Platforms
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    For the immersion if you can afford it go for seat rig.

I have the Playseat and had never raced before pcars 1 so had no preconceptions, at first I bought a wheel stand but this was binned only after a couple of weeks as it didn't add to the race experience .

The playseat rig is fine as a starter rig and i have used it nearly every day for 2 years and it works great. The center bar can be a pain sometimes but I purchased the seat slider upgrade which allows a lot more adjustments as the standard rig has a fixed seat.
    Yes, i also bought a wheel stand at first and while i was pretty happy about it at the time, i upgraded to a full playseat rig.

But if you don't have the space for a full rig, a wheel stand is a good solution and worth the money.
    Last edited by RoccoTTS; 06-01-2018 at 13:02.
    MSI TRIDENT-014EU specs : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB | RAM 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 64 bit (1709)
    Thrustmaster TX base | F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim | T3PA pedals | Playseat Evolution Alcantara | Panasonic 50" 4K TV
    Steam ID : Renaat Droogmans

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have the Raceroom Game Seat RR3055 and i like it. Its sturdy (with the additional bars).
    I wouldnt recommend any monitor stand whatever seat you get. It moves around and the distance is not really changeable at all. Use a Table/Board or something.