Thread: T500rs or T300 + Alcantara + T3PA Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

T500rs or T300 + Alcantara + T3PA Pro

Hello all,

I have been a racing games fan since the first Gran Turismo, and I am now a big fan of PCars. I have always tended to the sim racing side of the genre...now after so much time wanting but without the possibilities i am building a rig, including VR with the OC.

Budget for everything is around 1500USD and after much research I am debating between the options in the subject. I am really concerned about apparent reliability/durability issues with Thrustmaster, but since there is no other brand in the price category and it is apparently a big step up from the best option from logitech, I think there are not really many options.

What are the benefits of each rig. Please consider that both systems will be priced practically identically, since they will be bought in amazon.com and the T500 is 400 and the t300 with Alcantara wheel and t3pa pro pedals are 588.

Another option: is it really worth it to invest 130USD above the t3pa for the t3pa pro?? I ask because the T300 with Alcantara wheel comes with the t3pa and is priced at 450usd in amazon at the moment.

Thanks!!

Platform
    PC
    Personally I'd go with the T500 and T3PA PRO and add the Alcantara wheel to that, mines been faultless over the last 12 months of heavy use. The Pro pedals are much better than the non pro but not $130 better, better to spend that on the wheel, I have the 28GT leather one.
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Personally I'd go with the T500 and T3PA PRO and add the Alcantara wheel to that, mines been faultless over the last 12 months of heavy use. The Pro pedals are much better than the non pro but not $130 better, better to spend that on the wheel, I have the 28GT leather one.
    The T500 comes with the T3PA PRO, but adding the Alcantara raises the investment to almost 800USD, 779usd to be precise.

Did you mean the second option, T300+T3PA PRO + Alcantara??

Platform
    PC
    So you are saying the Alcantara wheel is $379?
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    T300 all the way. 500 is stronger FFB but the motor is just better on the 300 - overall quicker response, less dampening, better control and imo better FFB.
    6700K / 980TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter

Platform
    PC
    If you go with the T300, I have settings for it!
    WMD2 Member
    Project CARS 2 T150 & T300 RS (TMCP default) Raw Gain 100 / Vol 20 (T150 or Vol 18 with FX 14) / Tone 50 / FX 0 or 14 with FANATEC HANDBRAKE V1.0
    Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for taking the time to reply and offer your insights.

I am very troubled right now. I am decided to get a SIM racing rig. Now, this month, I am ready to order the Oculus Rift, and something like the T300 Alcantara edition, because I game on PC and also the ps4, and the cockpit or SIM racing seat next month.

The thing now is I am extremely worried with the reliability issues of the T300. They haven't gone away as there are very recent horror stories I the amazon review system. At this point I am considering everything, from the ts-pc racer and stick exclusively to PCs (kind of sad as I've been getting every gen of PlayStation only to play Gran Turismo, since I was a kid), to the new Fanatec ps4 wheel which sadly is not yet is US stores. As you can see i did consider the t500rs too, which seems to be way more reliable than the t300.

My problem is that I am outside the USA. I buy from amazon and bring it to Dominican Republic. My problem is that defective equipment is very expensive to return, and in my situation implies very long downtimes, as I can't send the things back immediately.

At this point I really don't know which route to take. It seems that the alcantara edition of the T300, which is a very good value at 450USD, is the one having the most problems (worse reviews and failures reported in many forums, nothing conclusive).

For me it would be much cheaper to get a rig for 700 with a low failure rate than to get a 450USD system that seems to be failing like crazy to so many people.

I have noticed that one of the issues seem to be overheating when users set the FFB to 100% and don't adjust the cooling fan to be always on. Just a pattern I have identified.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by alitomr1979; 10-09-2017 at 05:02.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    So you are saying the Alcantara wheel is $379?

The T300 with Alcantara wheel and T3PA set is 449USD in amazon. The Alcatraz wheel by itself is 179usd.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think the game has changed with yesterday's announcement of the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 available for preoder in the USA and shipping on the 27th., in only 12 days!!

That is my pick now. I will order later today.