Thread: New build...what can I expect?

Platform
    XBOX1

New build...what can I expect?

Was playing on XBox one. It was fun. It wasn't amazing.

So I just dropped some money on a new system and decided that it would be smart to ask after the fact how this is going to turn out. Nothing like being the opposite of proactive. I actually did do a lot of research and think that I did pretty well.

Anyway here are the details:

Ryzen 5 1600
    MSI Tomahawk 350
    16GB PC3200 DDR
    512GB Samsung 960 Evo nvme
    EVGA 1080Ti hybrid
    EVGA 750W PSU
    Bequiet base 600 case
    Oculus Rift touch

I've got a Thrustmaster TX with the upgrade wheel, TP3-A pro pedals with the load cell, and the TH-8A shifter.

I could have went much stupider and spent a lot more than I did, but I think that I found some parts that can perform well without losing my mind completely. My son just built a Ryzen 7 machine and is completely blown away by it so it got me thinking....and me thinking can be dangerous.

So is there anything that I should have done differently?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ashasha View Post
    Was playing on XBox one. It was fun. It wasn't amazing.

So I just dropped some money on a new system and decided that it would be smart to ask after the fact how this is going to turn out. Nothing like being the opposite of proactive. I actually did do a lot of research and think that I did pretty well.

Anyway here are the details:

Ryzen 5 1600
    MSI Tomahawk 350
    16GB PC3200 DDR
    512GB Samsung 960 Evo nvme
    EVGA 1080Ti hybrid
    EVGA 750W PSU
    Bequiet base 600 case
    Oculus Rift touch

I've got a Thrustmaster TX with the upgrade wheel, TP3-A pro pedals with the load cell, and the TH-8A shifter.

I could have went much stupider and spent a lot more than I did, but I think that I found some parts that can perform well without losing my mind completely. My son just built a Ryzen 7 machine and is completely blown away by it so it got me thinking....and me thinking can be dangerous.

So is there anything that I should have done differently?
    You shouldn't of got your little woman pregnant.

Seriously, I think your off to a good start hardware wise. Good way to go with the PC3200 DDR, your Ryzen will like that.
    Am looking to upgrade to Ryzen also (1700), might be next spring/summer now. Enjoy your new system. It should blow away your XBox.
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard / AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core CPU@4.0Ghz / 8GB G.Skill RipJaws 2X4GB DDR3-1866,
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / Crimson ReLive 17.4.3 Drivers.
    TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers |Logitech G27
    240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64 | BenQ V2400W | Corsair TX850W Power Supply

In-game settings: @ 1920 X 1200 | Texture Rez HIGH | Post Filter On | LensFlare OFF | Bloom OFF | Haze OFF | Detailed Grass-Med | HDR Photo | Tex Filter 16x | Game_VSync OFF | SMAA Off | FXAA Off |Reflections MED | Vehicle Ultra | Track Ultra | Shadows MED | Motion Blur OFF | Render Ahead 2 |
    Steam CMD line Options:-dx11mt -pthreads 4 -fpscap 60 -skipcrowds -skipidiots

Proud to be a 5% club member
    Steam : Bullwinkle

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Very very nice system. You can always go higher, and a time passes (weeks) there will always be something "better" available.

Usually people who go to the top of the GPU spectrum do the same with the CPU, but Indont think you would get more performances in game with a higher end CPU. Don't believe me, go check out the benchmarks in YouTube.

VR can be tough on CPUs, but the Ryzen 5 is awesome and I'm sure will get better as developers make better use of more cores and threads.

Enjoy! Very nice system!

Platform
    PC
    sorry to hijack the thread but looking at my signature what needs changing to be up to date whit Pcars2 ?
    OS : Windows 10 \ Processor : Intel Core i5 , 4670 , 3.4G/6M/S1150 \ RAM :Kingston Hyperx BLU 1600MH DDR3 16GB \ MB : S1150 MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Z87 \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS Radeon R9 390X \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    sorry to hijack the thread but looking at my signature what needs changing to be up to date whit Pcars2 ?
    I think you definitely need to upgrade to a CSW v2.5

Joking aside, I think you'll be fine.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, Invincible

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    I think you definitely need to upgrade to a CSW v2.5

Joking aside, I think you'll be fine.
    good to know . Thanks
    OS : Windows 10 \ Processor : Intel Core i5 , 4670 , 3.4G/6M/S1150 \ RAM :Kingston Hyperx BLU 1600MH DDR3 16GB \ MB : S1150 MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Z87 \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS Radeon R9 390X \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .