Thread: Steering, throttle and brake-input API

Kart Driver

Steering, throttle and brake-input API

I've been wondering for a while if there is any simple way to give inputs to Pcars via e.g. a REST api? My guess is that this is not possible, because the shared memory probably only supports output and not input. If this is the case: Does anybody have any good ideas on how this could be achieved?

Platform
    XBOX1
    The only way I can think of would be to mimic the protocol of a wheel or game controller.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PS4
    The API, both shared memory and UDP, is read-only.

If you'd like to provide input, you'd have to mock the actual inputs. I honestly don't know how "encrypted" the various platforms are when it comes to their input devices.
    Project CARS Replay Enhancer (Thread): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...eplay-Enhancer
    Kobernulf Monnur's Driver Journey: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mO1D9jU200jcWJ

Platform
    PC
    Sending stuff into the game would be especially locked down on consoles. It was somewhat amazing when we first discovered that we were allowed to output data via UDP on the PS4 (has anyone else done that yet?)

pC1 supporting 'unsupported' wheels on PS4 was also a bit of a pain point that I'm guessing won't be repeated for the sequel, which is loosely the category this request seems to fit into.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Kart Driver
    I actually just need this for PC. It is related to a project where I'm interested in trying to drive a car via e.g. python or some other language. So I need to find a way to emulate a steering wheel - giving steering position, gas pedal position and brake pedal position.