Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy Project CARS or wait for the sequel?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Should I buy Project CARS or wait for the sequel?

Hello, I was thinking about buying Project CARS: Complete Edition, which is on sale on psn for $15.99. Should I wait for the sequel instead? I know I am way late for saying that and Project CARS 2 is coming out near the end of this month. Before Project CARS went on sale, the price was at $29.99 and Project CARS: Complete Edition cost $39.99. I heard a lot of good things about Project CARS 2. I haven't played a motorsport racing game since Grid: Autosport.

Edit: I got my ps4 around March of this year.
    Last edited by Lunar_Twisted; 06-09-2017 at 01:58.

Platform
    PC
    I personally think it's a good buy for that price, but only if you have a wheel. If not just wait for number 2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Mahjik

Platform
    PC
    Project CARS 2 have all the content (cars and tracks) from the previous game (unless I've missed something) plus that it's an overall improved product so you are probably unlikely to go back to play the first game once you got pCARS 2. That's something to keep in mind. But it's still a couple of weeks before pCARS 2 released so you may very well consider it to be worth $15.99 to be able to play the first game until the second is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Project CARS 2 have all the content (cars and tracks) from the previous game (unless I've missed something)
    The Ariels are not in pC2 unfortunately.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: Enkidu

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    The Ariels are not in pC2 unfortunately.
    The 125 shifter karts and super karts are missing too...
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Platform
    PS4
    Formula Gulf is also missing..
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ Pcars Dash
    : Dutch : English : German

Platform
    PC
    Yeah, you're right, when I look closer I can see that there are several cars missing. No Rufs for example! Which is a pity cause I like the CTR.

Platform
    PC
    If you wish to play online, you may find pC2 is the way to go if many decide to upgrade and drop the first title.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Alright, thank you for your suggestions everybody. I was going to wait like another day for more feedback but I didn't won't to wait forever to respond. So basically Project CARS 2 is missing a few race tracks and cars from the first game. I heard that Project CARS 2 fixed most(if not all) bugs from the previous game. After doing some research on Project Cars 1, some people said that the game had bugs and most cars were "uncontrollable" especially karts. Also, some people on other sites said if you don't have a wheel, get Project CARS 2. Even though I never play Project CARS before, I will pre-order pCARS 2 deluxe editon on psn store later on today. From my point of view, Project CARS 2 is a improvement to the last game in terms of physics, A.I, graphics, more cars/tracks, now has Rallycross, etc. Lastly, I appreciate for all the suggestions that you guys shared out.
    The following user likes this Post: amazed

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I was more or less in your position 3 months ago, had practically only played GAS before, now I regret not having been playing PCARS since long long time ago (I had bought it last year), despite the bugs it indeed has. Personally for that price I would get PCARS 1 as well, provided there's money left to also buy PCARS 2! FWIW I'm a wheel user.

Regarding tracks and cars, from what I've read in the website it will have many more additional ones compared to the first version and very few "old" cars will be left out.