Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: career mode - missed opportunity

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

career mode - missed opportunity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIsh1sdPa0I

Well, here it is. Sounds like it's identical to the press releases being shown off on youtube.

Massive missed opportunities -
    Scripted weather again - kills all reason to replay a season

To "beat" a tier you have to win the championship - You should get rewarded for doing well - either within your tier, or another higher tier

Contracts completely unrelated to the teams - so what's the point?

Sigh, so, I'm a complaining machine - the UI is better, so that's good. But for pCARS3, I'll sign up for WMD, but my purpose will be to help design the single player career mode, because this is not .... worth playing, honestly. I'll just stick to multiplayer.

May as well just have separate championships one can choose, and not try to tie them all together in this superficial way...
    The following user likes this Post: moustace

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    If WMD3 is available to sign up to, don't assume that your ideas for single-player will be accepted. If the devs were to make a game for everybody, the game would never be released and it would be an ungodly mess. That's not to put you off joining, it's simply to point out the, sometimes, harsh realities of game design. There are millions (many many millions) of potential players out there and they will all want their own thing from the game, meaning a game will never ever appeal to all of them in all aspects. Just keep that in mind if/when you sign up, as it will save a lot of potential disappointment.

On the flipside, throwing ideas in is what WMD is about. It's about seeing what sticks and what can work. Ideas are what make a game's development thrive .
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Greg Redd, GTsimms, Konan, Roger Prynne, Swift2603

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    But for pCARS3, I'll sign up for WMD, but my purpose will be to help design the single player career mode, because this is not .... worth playing, honestly.
    So, you assume no one in WMD had ideas like yours?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following 7 users likes this Post: cluck, hkraft300, ironik, Konan, r3c14im3r, Roger Prynne, transfix

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    So, you assume no one in WMD had ideas like yours?
    who knows? Did they?

And were they overruled by the directors who simply had different artistic goals? I've never read anyone who thought having scripted weather was a good idea.

And of course, I'll be one of many pitching ideas in WMD, but at least I'll have more of a chance to be an influence than on this forum 4 to 5 months before the game is released.

Hope springs eternal...

Platform
    PS4
    who knows? Did they?

And were they overruled by the directors who simply had different artistic goals? I've never read anyone who thought having scripted weather was a good idea.

And of course, I'll be one of many pitching ideas in WMD, but at least I'll have more of a chance to be an influence than on this forum 4 to 5 months before the game is released.

Hope springs eternal...
    I'd be willing to bet my house that many people on WMD2 suggested non-scripted weather and a change of the slots system to allow that and improved randomised weather. And I'm also willing to bet my house on the fact that limited resources in terms of man hours will have prevented the ability to implement this. Maybe the improvements of the weather and improvements to processes will allow other areas to be changed more easily thus allowing for a better weather system in PC3. Maybe a new Variable weather system will be able to use IRL data to generate a realistic weather pattern despite it being somewhat random in areas.
    The following user likes this Post: ironik

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingAtHome View Post
    I'd be willing to bet my house on the fact that limited resources in terms of man hours will have prevented the ability to implement this. Maybe the improvements of the weather and improvements to processes will allow other areas to be changed more easily thus allowing for a better weather system in PC3.
    From what I read in regards to production of pCARS1, it was an artistic decision, not a technical one. They didn't want it to randomly rain in Dubai, for instance. The wrong decision, tbh. And also, I'm in the industry, so to me it makes sense that if they can make it work in multiplayer they could make it work in single player. I just don't buy it.

I could be wrong, but even if it was a technical problem, it's worth delaying the game to change it 'cuz, again, it's a huge detriment to the game.

Platform
    PS4
    I wonder if you can "make your own career mode" in custom championship.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I wonder if you can "make your own career mode" in custom championship.
    I don't think there's a custom championship option, is there?

Platform
    PS4
    I don't think there's a custom championship option, is there?
    not for now it seems
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690

Platform
    PC
    who knows? Did they?
    The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan, Roger Prynne