Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: career mode - missed opportunity

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think SMS went for scripted for two reasons, technical and to make it accessible....I don't know, the overall feeling I have is that PC2 will be the game PC1 was supposed to be. Don't get me wrong, I've preordered the game and can't wait to play it.

Just looking at the career specifically, another aspect that I expected to have been improved is race length....a GT4 race in real life is longer than 20 mins. I think both scripted weather and race length in career only highlight the importance of an offline custom championship which unfortunately is not in the game.

Last hope is that the game allows you to add AI to online championship, but I doubt that will be the case, at least not on launch day otherwise SMS would have told us.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Personally, I find that the scripted weather in career mode is not really good news. What is the meaning of make a championship again knowing that it will rain or not on this or that circuit. I will also add that career mode does not allow a championship with GTO, Stockcars, Megane trophy V6 .... Finally I will add that I would have preferred not to have the regional championships which are generally very short: as much to make a single championship consistent.

When we put all this in parallel with the Online championship which will allow it to make championships of all the categories, to set the weather, the duration, the date and time ..., I think but why restrict this mode of play only to Online Players? I think it makes no sense. On the one hand, there is a scripted career mode (date, time, circuits, weather) for offline players and on the other a custom championship where everything is possible for online players.

Project cars is very beautiful, the list of vehicles is good (lack of modern touring cars for me), the list of circuits is consistent, improvements have been made, there is no doubt. But being an offline player, I hesitate to buy this game because the offline mode is not very different from the first opus (an offline custom championship would have been the most value). I add that the addition of indycar is, for me, a real plus. All this is of course a personal opinion.

Platform
    PC
    The Career stream..., was really disappointing too java. It's always the same story, pleasing the casual and the "I have no time to play" people (then don't play damn it), as well as other design decisions difficult to understand unless you are of course one of those.

The again scripted weather has been the cake on the ice. Random or real weather for career could have raise the bar in this mode so high. What was the problem in at least offering the player the option for random and real weather once we have beaten it, or accomplished/clear some certain number of high tiers?.
    i7-4790k_Cooler Master V8 gts / 970 G1 / Asus Ranger 7/ 16gbg-skill Trident ddr3 1600 / Seasonic g650w gold / Samsung 850 pro 500Gb_WD 1TB green / nzxt 530 white / rehobus fan controller nzxt sentry 3_3x20cm fans cooler master megaflow red led / Asus vs278q 1ms 27'/ t300 gte_t3pa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FZA, GenBrien

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I was the one who asked the question about the weather in the stream, feel like it opened a can of worms I was slightly disappointed by the answer in that the weather will be the same no matter how many times you run that particular championship. As other people have mentioned, the option to use real world weather or even a selection of realistic weather slots could really have pushed this area of career forward.
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ

Platform
    PS4
    I really don't see the issue here...IRL they can predict the weather within minutes from it happening...
    In pcars1 you knew at what moment it was going to start to rain...SMS eliminated that predictability by basically saying:" yes the weather is scripted so you know it's going to rain but you don't know when AND it could start to rain at a different moment when you run the race next time/season"
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    I've watched a number of "career walkthroughs" on YouTube as well, but honestly I'm not sure that I've ever seen anyone NOT come in first at the end of the championship in question, so maybe it IS possible to progress without taking first place.

Even if they use the term "beat" the tier to move up, the word "beat" to me means doing what is required to achieve success. It may not necessarily mean that winning (finishing in 1st place) is the only way. Maybe. I hope. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other please?
    You don't have to win the championship to move up a tier. AFAIK podium should be enough.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

[QRWEP] Quick Race Weekend Event Planner
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GenBrien, hkraft300, Remco Van Dijk

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    You don't have to win the championship to move up a tier. AFAIK podium should be enough.
    Thanks, Bealdor. So does taking 3rd place for example affect the number or type of contracts you're offered compared to finishing in 1st?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    The Career stream..., was really disappointing too java. It's always the same story, pleasing the casual and the "I have no time to play" people (then don't play damn it), as well as other design decisions difficult to understand unless you are of course one of those.

The again scripted weather has been the cake on the ice. Random or real weather for career could have raise the bar in this mode so high. What was the problem in at least offering the player the option for random and real weather once we have beaten it, or accomplished/clear some certain number of high tiers?.
    Erm. You do realise that SMS are a business intended to make a profit, yes? If so, you wouldn't have made that comment. There are billions of people in the world and SMS have a realistic market of a million or 2 of that at most. Not all of those are hardcore race full length races and championships so SMS have to cater to them.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I can live with the scripted weather knowing that weather conditions will change at different times during a race. What really bugs me is the length of those races.
    The following user likes this Post: APR193

IMO we've improved a lot from pC1 to pC2 w.r.t. features that deepen the career experience. I'm sure that (optional) random career weather will be discussed again for pC3 as it was for pC2.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan