Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Career mode - missed opportunity

Platform
    XBOX1
    Always wait to play the game yourself and make your own judgements. Project Cars 1 while not a fully fleshed out Career mode had me hesitant from listening to everyone complain until I sat down the first weekend to play and realized it was probably the most immersive and intense racing I've played in a long time. I spent so many hours playing career just to try the different disciplines and invitationals. Loved it and PCars 2 will be even better.
    AKA Joseph Gossen
    Console - Xbox One X / MacBook Pro TouchBar - CPU: 2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7; RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz; GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 455 2GB; O.S.: Mac OS+Boot Camp Windows 10 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2,CSLE WB + UXH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, | Rig: RSEAT RS1
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Greg Redd, GTsimms, Konan, Mahjik, mkstatto, RacingAtHome, Tank621

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by transfix View Post
    Always wait to play the game yourself and make your own judgements. Project Cars 1 while not a fully fleshed out Career mode had me hesitant from listening to everyone complain until I sat down the first weekend to play and realized it was probably the most immersive and intense racing I've played in a long time. I spent so many hours playing career just to try the different disciplines and invitationals. Loved it and PCars 2 will be even better.
    +1
    Had a blast with the career in Pcars1...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    +1
    What I will be playing through some of it tomorrow!
    Project CARS 2 T150 & T300 RS (TMCP default) Raw Gain 100 / Vol 21-25 (TM Driver 2017_TTRS_5)/ Tone 50 / FX 0 or 14 with FANATEC HANDBRAKE V1.0
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    +1
    + another 1
    43 full seasons on PC and forgot how many when I was still on PS4...
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've been thinking more about this... being able to move onto another tier by getting 2nd or 3rd in the championship makes a big difference. If you decide to go through that championship again, at least it'll be your own choice, and not being forced into it because the game won't reward you for a job well done.

It makes sense, you would get a chance to move up in your career if you get 2nd or 3rd. 4th place would probably be passed on.

So long as the competition is steady, so that the AI who gets podiums in one race, won't be back of the grid in other races randomly - so you'll have close competition for the titles.

Scripted weather is a pain but .. well, we'll see.

Superkart Pilot
    F1 games have done random weather since the 90s, whether it was Geoff Crammond's series or the games on PS1. I'm not looking for some advanced real-time weather system that scours the globe. Some sort of percentage chance of rain would do and having different percentages at different tracks. The Live Track 3.0 stuff sounded good but it sounds a bit of a waste when there's scripted weather in a career mode which a lot of people will play the game for.

I've no idea why iRacing and Assetto Corsa don't have other weather conditions and it's an utter joke that they don't but saying "But they don't have anything but dry track" isn't really on. A racing game with a career having scripted weather....just can't see real logic in it despite reading this entire thread.

And yes, for some people it could push them towards not buying it. We're not talking about a minor detail like the colour of the gloves. Variable weather can only ever add to the experience. A massive shame that something like that is how it is.
    The following user likes this Post: Alex1996

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It's not just scripted weather though...
    It's scripted weather but with variable timeslots (it will rain at another time next race/season) also it can rain at one part of the track but be dry at another...
    So,it's scripted weather but with some twists
    Maybe not as good as random weather but IMO the next best thing...combined with Livetrack 3.0 and a more immersive careerpath i think we are in for a treat...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zenzic

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joethe147 View Post
    A racing game with a career having scripted weather....just can't see real logic in it despite reading this entire thread.
    Showing off the system. It's that simple. They want us to play under some certain circumstances and make sure we don't miss them, such as racing at dusk with changing raining or snow; winter; autumn; and the etc many possibilities they thought we might miss when playing other modes.

It doesn't make sense I know, and more after having enjoyed more or less the same in pc1 career. It's just pure stubbornness when you come to know how devs are, but hey it's their game and their vision. They wanted it to be like this, so be it, but they could have certainly gave us an alternate random/real weather option once we beat campaign for the first time or something.

My concerns with the weather system scripted or not are the intermediate tyres. We still don't know whether they will have some use or not as opposed to how they behaved in pc1.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    My concerns with the weather system scripted or not are the intermediate tyres. We still don't know whether they will have some use or not as opposed to how they behaved in pc1.
    My concern is to know how better the ''fairness'' of AIs in changing weather is, compared to Pcars1
    I dont really care if its raining ,but AIs better be slipping their arse as much as me when its dry and it starts to rain
    if its fair then I guess I'll have fun, even if its scripted
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, OddTimer, Trippul G

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Scripted weather...

Seriously SMS, why do you choose scripted weather in career mode? It's the stupidest desision ever, one thing is the extremly boring part off the exact same weather every single season. But they always change the weather to much, so you never get a full rain race or anything like that because they keep changing the weather all the time because ''LOOK ATT OUR CHANGING WEATHER GRAPHIC!!!''...

Well, guess it's time to wait for sale and see if the same career mode mod that came to pCars is comming to pCars 2. For me pCars was all single player game and this makes career mode so boring...