Thread: The Marmite Racing Community (MRC) | PS4 based Sim Racing Community

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

The Marmite Racing Community (MRC) | PS4 based Sim Racing Community

So with Project CARS 2 hitting store shelves in less than 2 weeks, I figured it's time to get our name out there for people who are looking for a nice PS community to race with come the 22nd of September. Welcome to The Marmite Racing Community (MRC), where clean and fair racing is our mantra for any sim racer on Playstation 4. We are a UK based community but have members from all over the world! We are a mature community with racers of all ages from 18 onwards. We currently have a dedicated forum for event info and members to sign up to races as well as using the PSN community feature to keep members up to date. We're still going strong on PCARS1, but as a collective we cannot wait to get our hands on the new game!

The MRC is run by long time Sim Racers and enthusiasts who have experience dealing with the vast majority of situations. The guys running the community are as follows:

Maxx69
    DaMoffman
    surajnwk
    Rodgerzzz
    mo_stache

There is many long term members who are also happy to help with any questions new guys to the community may have. We have permanent race stewards in place to ensure racing etiquette and rules are adhered too. On top of this we also invite temporary race stewards from our member base on a championship by championship basis to give further insight into how a racing incident might have occurred.

To ensure the highest level of clean and safe racing, we have put in place a tag system for those that have proved they can race in a clean and safe manner. This is named the Marmarati tag, all new members are vetted on track by our experienced members before being awarded with the tag.

Weekly Race Nights:

MRC runs various race nights across Project Cars and for the moment at least, Assetto Corsa:

The Marmite Cup (Run every Wednesday at 20:30 UK Time) - Weekly fun nights using a varied assortment cars & tracks, open to all members new and old!

Endurance Races & Championships (Saturdays at 21:00 UK Time) - 4 to 6 week long series for drivers who have earned the Mamarati tag.

Our first Project Cars 2 championship is already set up and waiting to go using the ever popular GT3 class on 6 of the brand new tracks included in the game. If you'd like to have a look at what we're planning, please follow this link: MRC GT3 World Tour

*We currently also run Assetto Corsa Race nights with similar formats on Thursdays & Sundays however we PCARS2' impending arrival these will most likely be changed to also be PCARS2 race nights.

Discord:

MRC has it's own Discord server that our members use to communicate, share setups and receive event reminders. Friendly banter is highly encouraged on our server and GIF wars are not an uncommon occurence... you have been warned!

https://discord.gg/eXh6hQT

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact myself in this thread or any of the names further up the page via PSN. We are all here to have fun and make Sim Racing as enjoyable as possible and we're looking forward to meeting many more sim racers across the PS Network!

Thank you,

MRC Team
    Last edited by Rodgerzzz; 09-09-2017 at 20:33.
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ
    The following user likes this Post: maxx69

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I can race weds! Im a sportsman and a clean racer. Wheel only and no driving aids for me! How can i "subscribe"? Im new to this! Cheers from SAn Diego CA!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkrick View Post
    I can race weds! Im a sportsman and a clean racer. Wheel only and no driving aids for me! How can i "subscribe"? Im new to this! Cheers from SAn Diego CA!
    Just create an account on the website and put your name down for something! Can I just check youre definitely on PS4 as your profile platform is set to PC?
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah, ps4 for now. Ill update my profile! Thhx!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Great stuff, see you on the track when PCARS2 comes out! If you fancy joining the Discord please do as well.

Platform
    PS4
    Welcome Inkrick
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents

Platform
    PS4
    Will there be any open wheel racing?

Formula C and IndyCar are my go to racers n PC2
    the big print giveth, the small print taketh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadedVirus View Post
    Will there be any open wheel racing?

Formula C and IndyCar are my go to racers n PC2
    Hey breadedvirus, we are definitely going to be running a proper IndyCar championship at some point but when exactly I don't know. With the all the different types of classes and car types in game it's difficult to pinpoint when as there's so many types of championships to get through!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Just seen the forum revamp, would it be possible for one of the mods to move this to the PlayStation forum or the multiplayer forum if that's more appropriate? Thanks!