Thread: Online Multiclass

Platform
    PC

Online Multiclass

As I understand it, here is the way multiclass races will be scored online-
    After you finish the race, your final position is indicated in two ways, an in-class and an overall position. However, only the in-class position counts towards your rank.

Can we implement an option to choose which one we count towards your rank?

Instead of using multiclass to set up staggered performance classes, lets say we find 3 classes of modern and retro cars that run similar laptimes. Then you can have an "old vs new" race, but the problem is you will only be scored within your own class. So you can have a close race with a car from another class, but in the end it won't really matter to your rank who finishes ahead since the ranking is based on an in-class system, rather than an overall system.

Platform
    PC
    It sort of works that way already.

I know you are just using that example, but that is how the road classes work currently. They are grouped based on overall performance on a decent sized track so you will have older models mixed in with newer models (i.e. the McLaren F1 won't be in a retro class). With that, you will already be racing "in-class" with similar performance cars that are from various model make years.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    It sort of works that way already.

I know you are just using that example, but that is how the road classes work currently. They are grouped based on overall performance on a decent sized track so you will have older models mixed in with newer models (i.e. the McLaren F1 won't be in a retro class). With that, you will already be racing "in-class" with similar performance cars that are from various model make years.
    I think he's referring to actual different classes running similar laptimes but being scored separately, not cars from different eras being in the same class like some road cars... an example of this that I've seen in a fair few WMD member videos is modern Touring Cars running around a similar pace to the GT4's.
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ
    The following user likes this Post: ramm21

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgerzzz View Post
    I think he's referring to actual different classes running similar laptimes but being scored separately, not cars from different eras being in the same class like some road cars... an example of this that I've seen in a fair few WMD member videos is modern Touring Cars running around a similar pace to the GT4's.
    He's referring to the online ranking system.. i.e. trying to run different classes together but saying "if you drive this class, it won't count against you... but if you drive this other class, it does"...

You can't do that... It's an all in or not with the ranking system. However, people shouldn't be scared about the multiclass aspect of it. Regardless of if you lose to a lower class car, driving under control and safe will always provide the biggest benefit.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    No actually I was trying to say exactly what Rodgerzzz said- I just want an option that scores the race overall instead of inclass. Lets say the GT1, GT3, and track day A class put down similar laptimes. I want the option for the online race to be scored overall, rather than in-class.

Platform
    PC
    That would be a feature request (i.e. you should post in the Feature Request section), but PC2 does give you placement overall. You "could" do your own points totaling yourself with that.

You mentioned "online rank" which is what confused the question. Rank is something completely separate....

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68