Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions from a Forza fan.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Questions from a Forza fan.

Hello everyone,been playing Forza off and on thru the years.Decided to get back in the console fun with the XBX coming out soon.First thing im not that guy that says this is better and your game sucks.Having never played PC(really excited about PC2),i have a few questions.(1)Im mostly a campaign lover but online can be fun.-I know theres info everywhere on the game but for the people that have played both PC and Forza,or just PC,Did you enjoy the career mode?Unlocks rewards ect.(2)Is it easy to setup custom online games?Forza seems to not want to do this,unless its private lobby.(3)And this is my loaded question-How is it playing online?1st turn crashers with no kick penalty?Or does PC have built in penalties?Like tires-sand -slow grass for curb jumpers.Hows the online community?

Once again im all in on what ive seen so far,variety is the spice of life.Please dont take this as a Forza bash thread or a PC bash thread.Even if you have never played Forza you input is great appreciated.They both offer alot.I have just a few concerns that wont stop me from enjoying both games.Thanks - keep on keeping on...
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PS4
    Don't have Forza. But to prevent T1 noobs, there's a CRL which has Cleanliness to prevent those from being able to join your lobbies. In terms of corner cutting, there's no slow grass, sand, tyres but there are penalties and a reduction of grip off circuit because that's how it's done IRL.
    The following user likes this Post: JAG ReDDoG

Platform
    XBOX1
    I played FM5, FM6, FH2, FH3 and PC1, mostly focussing on singleplayer career in each game.

About campaign:

The Forza campaign system is the classic one that you find in so many games, you start out in a rather simple car, you race to collect credits so you buy more and better cars to drive in better championships.
    PC1 and PC2 don't have a credits system. You sign a contract for a team for a car in a racing series and if you win the championship at the end you get a trophy. Play multiple championships to collect all trophies.
    Do I like the Forza campaign? Sure, I'm okay with that kind of credits system. Do I like the PCARS campaign? Hell yes!!! It feels a lot more realistic and because of that you also play it for the fun of it where in Forza your main motivation is unlocking things.
    Here is an awesome live stream from this week about the singleplayer campaign, I'm absolutely pumped about it, many great improvements compared to PCARS1:

About online features:

I'm not so much an online player myself so I will just direct you to the online features developer stream:
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    The following 5 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, Bliman, JAG ReDDoG, Konan, Mahjik

Platform
    XBOX1
    Aah yes about penalties in online races.

Forza does it really lame. In FM5 there was this magical 2-component superglue grass (TM) nonsense which absolutely took away from the experience. In FM6 (and FM7) there are tons of fictional barriers over all the tracks. Not only does it look completely rediculous and unrealistic, if you race with sim damage on and you get pushed against such a tire barrier, not fun to damage and handicap your car against a tire that shouldn't have been there in the first place...

PCARS 2 will have a MUCH better system. A race director keeps track of corner cutting and if you cut a corner you have a certain amount of time to give the position back (in case you overtook someone) or slow down and give the time back (in case of time gains). If you fail to do so I believe you get a drive through penalty.

PCARS 2 really has a much more mature online audience than Forza IMO. Forza is a game that attracts the kids, PCARS is a game that more attracts the adults and sim racing enthousiasts. There is no turn 1 carnage the way you see it in about every Forza online game. But that is half the Forza community to blame for, both also the devs IMO as the slighest car contact in FM5/FM6 slingshots your car off the track taking everything in its path with you. PCARS1 has much more realistic car contact physics and I assume that carries over to PCARS2.
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    The following 6 users likes this Post: JAG ReDDoG, Konan, Mahjik, Roger Prynne, r_outsider, ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PS4
    A quick look at the PC2 penalty system, as breyzipp describes it:

PC1 custom public lobbies are easy enough. Lots of options to set it up just the way you like. Host has a kick option, and other lobby participants have a vote to kick option too.

PC2 from what I've heard takes it all a big step further. The custom MP lobby has up to 4 favourite presets. The UI is better. There's also multi-class racing and custom championships.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, JAG ReDDoG

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks everyone for your input.Im really excited to play both games and enjoy them for what they bring to the table.From watching these videos(thanks gj)PC2 seems to listen and make improvements and hopefully make a better game.At the end of the day - lets have fun.Sneak in a final ?...Im on the fence for the Deluxe or standard.Seems like a good deal with all the cars.Only bring this up because of past regret.Is it something you can grind to earn or be rewarded later?Thanks

Platform
    PC
    No, you cannot earn/grind for DLC cars and/or tracks.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following user likes this Post: JAG ReDDoG

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG ReDDoG View Post
    Is it something you can grind to earn or be rewarded later?Thanks
    If you think of it as putting in hours of practice in order to feel that rare sense of being completely at one with the car and controlling it with your thoughts (just before you think about what you are having for tea, then crash) then yes, I think there is a great reward there to be had for the time you put in. I just think it's a different mindset to get into, 'grinding' for pure satisfaction rather than ingame credits.
    I've done the GT style grinding for credits, and I much prefer the pCARS way.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 6 users likes this Post: amazed, breyzipp, hkraft300, JAG ReDDoG, Konan, r_outsider

Platform
    PS4
    Indeed...i used to love GT....owned them all...untill Pcars came out...never looked back since then and now i think i never will either...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: CassielLight, hkraft300, JAG ReDDoG, John Hargreaves

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Refreshing to hear.My happy level just keeps rising.Time to dust off my Microsoft wheel!