Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look to Apex

Platform
    PC

Look to Apex

Hello guys,

After playing Codemasters new F1 game, i noticed its got a different type of "look to apex".

The Codemasters version syncs with how much you turn the wheel, but Project Cars actually looks at the apex, even if you're not turning the wheel etc.

I feel the Codemasters way of doing has really helped my driving actually, will this other type of "look to apex" be included in PC2? i personally really prefer the Codemasters option on this.

It was discussed during development (of pC1 already I think?), but the independent Look-To-Apex was preferred. It won't change for pC2.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GenBrien, wabi

Platform
    PC
    Hello mate, ah ok cool, thanks for answering. Im guessing there might be a mod or something for it in the future.

Platform
    PC
    It is adjustable though I think, so you can increase/decrease the effect.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Actually, SMS had that type of Look-to-Apex with GTR2 many years ago. There were many situations though when it gets wonky (like spin recovery, countersteering, etc). I doubt we'll see SMS take a step back as to them, the current implementation is more correct as to what real drivers do.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Angst1974, breyzipp

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I think the current PCars implementation of "Look to apex" works better than a simple sync to wheel rotation.

There are many situations where the wheel is turned quite late, e.g. when aiming for a late apex in a 90 degree turn. In PCars, the "Look to apex" functionality will kick in earlier than the wheel actually rotates, which will help you in locating the apex point.
    The rotation of the wheel is not a good indication of where you need to look... the layout of the curve is.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    It is adjustable though I think, so you can increase/decrease the effect.
    Yep in PCARS1 at least it's part of the helmet camera and the strength of the looking into apex effect can be adjusted.

Helmet camera is my favourite camera for PCARS.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mahjik, poirqc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    in pCARS1, when playing thorugh the helmet cam (the one that has the look to apex), turning your head (the camera) left and right was much slower than using the other cameras.

Has this been changed for pCARS2?
    Last edited by Javaniceday; 11-09-2017 at 22:27.
    The following user likes this Post: APR193

Platform
    PC
    Look , then turn it what I always do on the track IRL, so I prefer that . I also just use a slight look that's enough to get the 'feel' in there.

Scott Tanner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Actually, SMS had that type of Look-to-Apex with GTR2 many years ago. There were many situations though when it gets wonky (like spin recovery, countersteering, etc). I doubt we'll see SMS take a step back as to them, the current implementation is more correct as to what real drivers do.

Indeed.

Drivers will naturally look for and to the apex despite of the position of the wheel. As you mentioned in older titles on the Gmotor engine it was tied to the position of the wheel which resulted in a constantly moving camera which was very distracting.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves