Thread: Advice on Sim Rig wanted

Platform
    PC

Advice on Sim Rig wanted

Hello fellas,

I need advice on a new sim rig. I'm currently owning a Playseat Challenge and now I'm looking to take a step up in terms of sturdiness and mounting possibilities for a handbrake and shifter.
    Only limitations: max. 400 € (better 350 and below!) and it has to be foldable* to be stored away in a similar fashion as the Playseata Challenge as I still want to play other games too and sometimes also have to do some office stuff, which is a pita when you're sitting in a racing seat with a wheel in front of you.

*G29, shifter and pedals need to stay mounted

I'm currently looking at the Playseat evolution alcantara which can be had for 269 € here in Germany, but I'm reluctant because of the bar between the lower legs.
    But other than that, I'm a bit lost - there are so many seats, some aren't distributed through retail channels and can be hard to find if you don't know about them already...

So I'm eager to hear your suggestions
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    I used to have a RaceRoom rig, which was pretty sturdy:
    https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=18
    Not being able the change the inclination of the steering plate made me change to another one, but if that is not an issue, I could recommend it. It takes only one wartle to unlock and then you separate the seat part from the steering/pedal part.
    Seat can be folded down also.
    It is the best option I can think of as long as it has to "foldable".

My first rig ever (apart from my wheel being clamped to a desk) was the Playseat and I would not recommend it. Not only the central bar is a minus, but it is not sturdy enough and mounting extra gear is a problem. The seat itself (mind you it was a model from a few years ago) was not comfortable either and the finish of the moving parts was easily damaged. Pedal plate bends under brake pressure too.
    Compared to the RR it's construction is pretty poor.
    Last edited by Fanapryde; 12-09-2017 at 07:54.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Platform
    PC
    Thank you for your suggestion - didn't know that they're foldable (isn't really prominently stated on their homepage).
    Only thing which might bug me is the (for me) useless part for the monitor mount.
    Not being able to change the inclination is a bummer, but I think this somehow can't be had in this price class (even though my playseat challenge has it) .
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    The monitor mount is not disturbing/interfering. I did not use it either for that purpose
    The front and rear parts are connected through one beefy (adjustable) central floor bar. Loosen the wartle knob and they can be easily taken apart for storage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	239992
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by Fanapryde; 12-09-2017 at 10:56.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    In same predicament very small place need a rig that can be folded away .Been using a wheel stand for my g29 but it time for the real thing for P2. Any ideas be great

Platform
    PC
    Why not mount the shifter/handbrake to the challenge.. cheaper overall and still much more foldable than any other option
    CASE: Enthoo Evolve ITX ll MOBO: ASUS H97I-Plus ll CPU: i7 4790 ll COOLER: H80i GT ll GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 ll RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz ll SSD: 840 EVO 256GB x3 ll HDD: WD Blue 1TB ll Win 10 Pro x64 ll WHEEL: Logitech G29 ll SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force ll VR: Oculus Rift CV1 ll Screen: LG 49" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb