Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [UK] [XBO] Anyone else have renewed faith?

Hybrid View

Platform
    XBOX1

[UK] [XBO] Anyone else have renewed faith?

We tried really hard to embrace pC1, but sadly, to get our little community race fix, we had to jump over to F6.

This year we've re-built our forums, faster, simpler, more virtual racing oriented & from the get go we fully planned to be F7 focused.

Last week... it turned upside down we've all cancelled Forza 7 pre-orders & we're placing the chips on Project CARS 2 Deluxe instead.

We really want to support SMS, and this year, if the devs clips are on the mark & release is reasonably smooth, we're going to try again!

Are you in the same boat? or sat on the fence?

If you are & your mature (typically 30+), looking for a competitive UK based home, feel free to wander over and join in.

You'll find us at xfruk.com where we'll be hosting weekly races, TTs and even a full 2017/18 competitive Championship Tournament.

Oh! and if you do, grab an XFR Race License! It not only stores your race incident points but also lets you update your pCARS license status too

Good luck SMS, we have faith!
    Last edited by XFR Spike; 14-09-2017 at 20:05.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I enjoyed and had a great time with pcars 1. I cant pretend I didn't and I still play it to this very day, 2 weeks from pcars 2 release. The main bug I had was the 2 second freeze about once a week. I never hit a invisible wall or anything like that. Any time I had a queston it was quickly answered on the forum and the patches seemed fine. That's my experience and I know it makes me sound like a fan boy, but I cant pretend that didn't happen. That was my experience with pcars one. I loved it

Platform
    XBOX1
    That's good to hear! With all due respect to SMS they did post updates and I'm sure they did so as quickly as possible. We were under pressure with a small community looking for balanced and fair competition, so with the early controller problems followed by the mismatched ghosts in the TTs we got to the point where we either jogged on or gave up. It was always a reluctant move for us.

Since that time its clear to see that improvements in service and reliability have kept coming. SMS were true to their word in ongoing development & I think it's that which gives us faith in pCARS 2.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to pC2 and I know my fellow racers here are also. Fan boy or not, I wish you all the best Mr Kirk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I cancelled fm7 ultimate preorder once day to night racing wasn't going to be in it plus a severe lack of new content or direction

I would full faith in SMS but with less than 2 weeks to release no screens or videos have emerged of Xbox footage or anything

Heck up until the forum split Monday you wouldn't even think a Xbox version was on the cards

I understand Microsoft not shouting from the rooftop about pc2 but SMS unless they have some contract or something I can put for the life work out why no information is coming out

I have a horrible feeling it's going to be a botched launch again and Microsoft will ensure the patch is delayed for so called bug testing much like project cars 1 launch especially with forza release the week after

Forza has seriously dropped the ball this year and a lot of people contemplating cancelling preorders and that is where SMS can clean up and tempt disillusioned forza customers where to come for serious racing
    Last edited by malcster; 13-09-2017 at 05:48.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Totally understand. I couldn't help but think of the similarity to CoD as they started to introduce duck camo & spacemen :/ Activision didn't listen to the community then & we all know what happened last year! It does feel like T10 are making the same mistake and far from capture a greater market share, I'm sure their just more likely to alienate the loyal forzabase (not a word is it?)

When F7 includes auto-tyres, scripted weather, space suits, country club attire and not even a tyre choice for wet weather... that was the straw for us over here.

While T10 move to bring in beach buggies and fancy dress, distancing themselves from any solid sim feature improvements we know of, they understandably say nothing of real race value before release either & that's a MS studio on the MS platform! :/ I would not be shocked if the boys n girls here have been gagged.

So, here with SMS, if any party did try to hinder pC2 release, I think we would rather re-open pC1 until SMS deliver stability than ever cave to any form of intimidation or dirty marketing.

Hopefully its just our "understandable" scepticism at work & 22nd will be a jaw dropping success We live in hope eh?

Bottom line is now the move is made it'll take something extra-ordinary to bring us back & that's their loss, SMSs gain.
    Last edited by XFR Spike; 12-09-2017 at 20:48. Reason: typo (as usual)!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Just Another Frog, r_outsider

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by malcster View Post
    I cancelled fm7 ultimate preorder once day to night racing wasn't going to be in it plus a severe lack of new content or direction

I would full faith in SMS but with less than 2 weeks to release no screens or videos have emerged of Xbox footage or anything

Heck up until the forum split Monday you wouldn't even think a Xbox version was on the cards

I understand Microsoft not shouting from the rooftop about pc2 but SMS unless they have some contract or something I can put for the life work out why no information is coming out

I have a horrible feeling it's going to be a botched launch again and Microsoft will ensure the patch is delayed for so called bug testing much like project cars 1 launch especially with forza release the week after

Forza has seriously dropped the ball this year and a lot of people contemplating cancelling preorders and that is where SMS can clean up and tempt disillusioned forza customers where to come for serious racing
    We get the same feeling with all the crap going on with AC and MS. It just seems like MS is a bully in the market.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Pcar2 will win the top spot, it has so much more depth and feel than forza, and lots of different types of racing that will keep everyone happy
    also forza was a good racer back in the day, but it lost its way and now its a toy to play with to pass the time of day

Pcars2 will be a joy to play online with the new online champ that's coming after release of game
    and when the new xbox one X comes its will jump to a new height with the xbox players, me also, and will never come down

forza will always be the same game and 7 made games in, and its still the same game just with added rubbish

roll-on 22nd pls...

Platform
    XBOX1
    I think there's two camps isn't there? The mainly solo racers and then the community racers.

For solo racers anything that adds feel and immersion is bound to be seen as brilliant and that's something SMS do so well.
    This time around pC2 looks more epic than ever, so I agree with you, these career minded guys n gels should be very satisfied indeed!

For us, community racers, anything that adds reliable sim features will be seen as top draw and that's something T10 are not doing so well.
    We've bent and twisted Forza to drag as much out of it as possible, but we just can't continue when T10 are pulling F7 towards a country club!

Frankly, is this the year when simcade gets canned? (which would be good cos I hate the term personally) F7 becomes a formal arcade racer, and equally, Project CARS2 gets the recognition it deserves as a thoroughbred sim racer on console?

9 more sleeps... and I bet at least one of them includes the One X
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    The only thing that concerns me is the lack of Xbox footage 10 days ahead of release.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A video I commented on on YouTube the other asking what system it is on is apparently Xbox I'll link it in a sec
    https://youtu.be/aQNfoiQKSo4

I asked the question what system is this from and the comments are quite derogatory

I have no idea how old the build is
    It was originally posted on xboxacheivements.org
    Last edited by malcster; 13-09-2017 at 18:25.