Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ooooh, please tell me this bug is fixed for the final release

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

ooooh, please tell me this bug is fixed for the final release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj2xCTdduis&t=18m20s

<facepalm> omg, really? Come on......

In the name of all that is holy, please tell me the pCARS1 bug where cars spawn upside 1down and destroyed before the race will not be present in pCARS2 final release, because apparently it's still there for whatever build this video has.

Tell me this is fixed. I want to believe!

If not, delay the game. Delay it.

And if you delay the game, at least give us the option for real weather in career mode.
    Last edited by Javaniceday; 13-09-2017 at 23:28.

Platform
    PS4
    I have to admit, that's pretty amusing. But calling them to delay the game's release with the game already going gold, you've got to be having a laugh.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yikes. Never saw that one before. If this was a common thing, I'm sure we would've heard more about it by now. I'm reasonably sure that if it's not fixed by release, it will be shortly thereafter.

But, let's take a step back. It's an embarrassing bug, sure, but it's likely pretty rare (or like I said, we probably would have heard/seen more about it), and the workaround is simple enough...just restart the session. Not ideal surely, but IMO nothing game breaking or worth delaying the release for.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, RacingAtHome

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    Yikes. Never saw that one before. If this was a common thing, I'm sure we would've heard more about it by now. I'm reasonably sure that if it's not fixed by release, it will be shortly thereafter.

But, let's take a step back. It's an embarrassing bug, sure, but it's likely pretty rare (or like I said, we probably would have heard/seen more about it), and the workaround is simple enough...just restart the session. Not ideal surely, but IMO nothing game breaking or worth delaying the release for.
    Exactly. Last game, I had an issue with the engineer not letting me out of the pits. All I needed to do was just return to garage and go out again. It wasn't that bad and I ignored it. This will be good for some laughs but has the same effect.

Platform
    PC
    If anyone missed it:

The Mustang that crashed into, and is barrel rolling, the Aston is being driven by Paul Walker. And I suspect the seizure he is having, and can be seen from 18:28 towards 18:33, is the cause of the accident.

I hope the bug stays so I can do documentaries about it for YouTube. Or maybe not considering it would probably be seen as mocking of a dead person.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post

The reason why this is different, is because this same thing was happening on pCARS1, and this is one of the reasons people stopped playing the game and went to RaceRoom or AC. And no, it's not as simple as just restarting the game, because this would happen in online races, too. And if it happens to you, it's curtains for your race before it even starts.

This must be fixed. It was never fixed in pCARS1, so... I mean, would they address it in pCARS2? No no no..... oh man.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    ... And no, it's not as simple as just restarting the game, because this would happen in online races, too. And if it happens to you, it's curtains for your race before it even starts.

This must be fixed. It was never fixed in pCARS1, so... I mean, would they address it in pCARS2? No no no..... oh man.
    It happens in online races in pc1.
    Very rarely.
    Usually if the lobby host or multiple players have bad connection.

If the online race isn't restarted, the race is curtains for everyone. Any respectable league host would restart.

The video is from offline career race. If it happens as you saw a quick restart solved the issue.
    No big deal.

Calm down.
    Just First World problems mate.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.

Platform
    PC
    While I didn't validate every track, the issue in the video was an issue with rolling starts on some tracks (as well as too many AI allowed on the track). At least the main tracks I used, this was addressed (combination of limiting total number of cars and adjusting the rolling start positions).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following 5 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Eric Rowland, GenBrien, OddTimer, Roger Prynne

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    It happens in online races in pc1.
    Very rarely.
    Usually if the lobby host or multiple players have bad connection.

If the online race isn't restarted, the race is curtains for everyone. Any respectable league host would restart.

The video is from offline career race. If it happens as you saw a quick restart solved the issue.
    No big deal.

Calm down.
    Just First World problems mate.
    Like others, i had the same issue in pCars 1, in SP. The difference was that a new session was needed to fix it. In pCars, you can just restart it. So it's not that bad.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    Like others, i had the same issue in pCars 1, in SP. The difference was that a new session was needed to fix it. In pCars, you can just restart it. So it's not that bad.
    I understand it's first world problems. But guys, brushing problems aside and saying they're not a problem when they are is not a good thing.

I'm telling you, the second it happens when released people are gonna scream bloody murder, give the game a bad rap, and quite possibly hurt sales because pCARS1 already has a reputation for being buggy - not deservingly, but it's there. Guys like EmptyBox will shrug and say "as expected, back to iRacing" and that's the reputation the game will get.

So, we know the problem is there... sigh idk. If it were my game, I'd bite the bullet and delay it. This bug is a big deal.

For the record, I want to love this game, forever. I just bought a GTX 1070 and a Rift, specifically for pCARS2. I want to play this game with every sim racer I know. Bugs like this are gonna make that difficult.
    Last edited by Javaniceday; 14-09-2017 at 02:05.