Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Trial groups for Xbox One

Platform
    XBOX1

Time Trial groups for Xbox One

Having watched the dev clips on YouTube I notice the Xbox is limited to leaderboards by group/track rather than car/track (not further comment, grrrr)...

I just wondered if anyone could confirm what the actual Time Trial Groups will be on XBOX One?

Reason; we maintain a community Time Trial Championship over at our website xfruk.com & I need some graphical icons for each competition
    Last edited by XFR Spike; 14-09-2017 at 19:59. Reason: Simple typos (again)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by XFR Spike View Post
    Having watched the dev clips on YouTube I notice the Xbox is limited to leaderboards by group/track rather than car/track (not further comment, grrrr)...
    Hasn't that got something to do with Microsoft only allowing so many leaderboards per game? 1000 springs to mind so if that is the case then it's nowhere near possible to have individual car/track leaderboards - but more than enough to give open wheel their own sections (hint hint)...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

I just wondered if anyone could confirm what the actual Time Trial Groups will be on XBOX One?

Reason; we maintain a community Time Trial Championship over at our website xfruk.com & I need some graphical icons for each competition
    I've signed up to the website what days do you race ??

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Frog View Post
    Hasn't that got something to do with Microsoft only allowing so many leaderboards per game? 1000 springs to mind so if that is the case then it's nowhere near possible to have individual car/track leaderboards - but more than enough to give open wheel their own sections (hint hint)...
    Exactly, that's as we understand it too, but I was hoping to find out what the final group leaderboards will be (no hints, just facts) We count 54 car classifications and circa. 200 ribbons so we expect TT leaderboards to be groups of car classes... we were looking for what those final 'confirmed' Xbox TT groups will be. Simply to help us prep for release is all. Only a week though, we can wait... just...

Quote Originally Posted by malcster View Post
    I've signed up to the website what days do you race ??
    Great stuff! Welcome will respond to intro post/race license request etc.

Initially we'll be racing Mon and Wed with casual weekend lobbies. We also have our own TTs running with a new one posted each Saturday (these earn points towards an 8 race season which you'll see in the website). Coming soon... we'll also be starting the Team XFR season which is a series of 6 individual championships (each 6 to 8 weeks long). These competitions score individually but also feed our annual 2017/18 Tournament table (see CoC link at top of main website).

Team XFR is by invite only although we do have seats at the moment. These races will take over Monday nights so if interested please let us know in via the forum.

One side note; we'll also be supporting SMS with parallel XFR support posts for the Community Events. So basically, we've two active TTs of our own, the SMS Community Event with racer support, casual hosted weekly races and for those who like pain... Team XFR running each and every week

Just hope she launches smoothly....

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I think its been said that it will be the same as Pcars1, and the cars are in there own Groups so open wheels will be all of them
    so we will not see karts with there own list, it will just be the fastest car of all open wheels on the top spot

i think it is pointless as most will just pick the same car or be at the bottom of the TT list
    it will just be FA or X TT fight and the odd indycar.

GT and others are the same as Pcars1

Platform
    XBOX1
    OK we'll wait on release for confirmed groups. Less than a week

I don't think it's pointless man. If there are just 6 groups and 150 usable ribbons, that's still 900 potential leaderboards, besides, that's exactly why we run our own TTs and add value with an XFR leaderboard.

Certainly for the first few months we're able to select specific motors and tracks to challenge each other on. We move to public leaderboards later when we've run out of clean combinations kinda thing

If its something you would like to compete with us on you'd be very welcome... no need to race with us to take part in our TTs XFRuk.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    OK we'll wait on release for confirmed groups. Less than a week

I don't think it's pointless man. If there are just 6 groups and 150 usable ribbons, that's still 900 potential leaderboards, besides, that's exactly why we run our own TTs and add value with an XFR leaderboard.

Certainly for the first few months we're able to select specific motors and tracks to challenge each other on. We move to public leaderboards later when we've run out of clean combinations kinda thing

If its something you would like to compete with us on you'd be very welcome... no need to race with us to take part in our TTs XFRuk.com

It is pointless beause you can only enter a single time within each class leaderboard so in the case of the open wheel, once you have logged a FA time then that eliminates entry for all the slower F cars within that class.

My suggestion for a solution would be to allow each person a single leaderboard entry for every car within it's respective class - and have a filter option to group individual cars from the main leaderboard in the same way you group friends' times. If you want to goto the absolute extremes then technically speaking there only needs to be a one leaderboard for each track - providing every available car is allowed a single entry - with an unlimited amount of filters to group together pretty much anything you like.
    Last edited by Just Another Frog; 16-09-2017 at 14:32.

Platform
    XBOX1
    See hosting our own TTs overcomes the problem & that's why we don't think of it as pointless.. we always have a great blast.

Whilst leaderboards are fresh we have several months of being able to declare a specific car at a specific track, we target the less competitive cars & all post times.
    Every week we declare a brand new combination & as each TT expires we update our own TT leaderboards with the results.
    Because we pick a slower car for a given track it means we can re-visit same locations with either aster cars or open it up to the public SMS Groups depending on our racing.

Yeah its not ideal! & in months to come we will run out of options, but its far from pointless Come give it a go with us if its something you enjoy

I'm not sure I understand your solution? Wouldn't that effectively record a time per car, per track? The very thing SMS can't deliver for us on XBOX?
    Last edited by XFR Spike; 16-09-2017 at 16:01. Reason: format

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Like this, everyone just uses any car for a track and we just use a filter say at the top of the screen to show something like indycars only or karts
    so all the fastest kart drivers are there on that list, this is how it should be, then we can see the fastest formula a, b,x indy or any

as without it we see FA from start to Finnish and any other car is pointless to use...

it will just be a filter, so no record a time per car, per track as we can use what ever car we want
    but the slow cars will be at the end of the TT list, so to filter out the others from the list in view
    so only 1 car type is in view.

5...to go
    Last edited by FIA; 17-09-2017 at 05:42.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Sorry, I'm more lost than a lost thing driving a lost car down a lost lane in lost land

If we visit a track and select your filter to only show a specific car or car class of times, then that data is obviously stored.
    If we change your filter at that same track to be a different car or car class, that data must also be stored.

So, are you suggesting we should only be allowed to record one time per track each?

How would your idea work if I want to record 50 different car times at the same location?

Isn't that effectively recording individual car times per track? The very thing SMS are unable to provide on XBOX?

At least with SMS groups we can have several recorded times per track rather than just one single time.

5 just 5