Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH G920 SETTINGS!

Platform
    PC
    Don't worry, your G920 is a great wheel, especially at the price you got it.
    Most of your issues are IMO just a sign that you're not used to FFB at all yet.
    This happens to almost everyone so please don't regret your purchase just because you haven't found a setting that works great for you yet.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BiffyClyro88, hkraft300, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffyClyro88 View Post
    You shocked me...
    Sorry. My Logitech wheel shocked me too seen I first got it. Couldn't finish a clean lap the first few races. Had to get used to the ffb, and learn the pedal feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Don't worry, your G920 is a great wheel, especially at the price you got it.
    Most of your issues are IMO just a sign that you're not used to FFB at all yet..
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowzer View Post
    This link has a selection of ffb calibration (aka global) settings. Choose your wheel and go nuts. BTW logitech G29/920 are the same wheel.

I have some G920 settings posted in my sig below. Plug them in. Then in car tuning Ffb settings turn up the master scale (50+).
    Also if the rattles bother you, set Fx/y/z smoothing to 10.

Pcars2 has simple presets for individual wheels.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: BiffyClyro88

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Sorry. My Logitech wheel shocked me too seen I first got it. Couldn't finish a clean lap the first few races. Had to get used to the ffb, and learn the pedal feel.

What he said.

This link has a selection of ffb calibration (aka global) settings. Choose your wheel and go nuts. BTW logitech G29/920 are the same wheel.

I have some G920 settings posted in my sig below. Plug them in. Then in car tuning Ffb settings turn up the master scale (50+).
    Also if the rattles bother you, set Fx/y/z smoothing to 10.

Pcars2 has simple presets for individual wheels.

Ok i'll check this out very soon!
    Anyway things are going better i'm getting used quickly (still not full clean laps) but now thanks to general FFB calibration (just a bit) and with in car jack spade set-up that make me feel more the car on track!
    The only issue i got and i want to get rid off is: 1. that i still feel the wheel and the steering too heavy, too strong while getting into a turn (in some corners or turns i need to steer to much and the feeling is a heavy wheel)
    2. And The force on the wheel is much stronger on straight and it's spinning on itself and i must control it or i lose the car and this thing before entering a turn is't annoying!

At the beginning i wanted to throw the wheel out of the window LOL

Platform
    PS4
    1. that i still feel the wheel and the steering too heavy, too strong while getting into a turn (in some corners or turns i need to steer to much and the feeling is a heavy wheel)
    Reduce tire force or ffb strength. This will make the wheel lighter across all range of signals.

2. And The force on the wheel is much stronger on straight...
    Increase Scoop Reduction. This will make the wheel lighter but still give you decent kicks over bumps. Try this first.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Reduce tire force or ffb strength. This will make the wheel lighter across all range of signals.

Increase Scoop Reduction. This will make the wheel lighter but still give you decent kicks over bumps. Try this first.
    I did what you told me but i don't feel much of a difference.. don't know during turns the wheel is now ok much better and driving feels good but that damn wheel it still spinning hard on straights it's scattering and spinning hard.. in real life if i drive and get my hands off the wheel it stand still jeez.. it doesn't start spinning and if i don't control it i go off track or against wall!
    what about tire force? mine is set to 90 what happens if i decrease this value? it affect the wheel too?

Platform
    PC
    From Jack Spade's thread:

Q: My wheel oscillates around center or standstill.
    A: Consider decreasing Dead Zone Removal Range value and decreasing Tire Force or force in Profiler.
    Edit: More advice from GTPlanet:

There are two types of deadzone when it comes to FFB wheels.

Steering deadzone: This means that around the center, you move the wheel -> nothing happens in game. This leads to a wandering effect on the straights, because at the center you have to rely on visual clues only to know if you're going straight (instead of relying on the wheel feel).

FFB deadzone: This means that the game is signalling the wheel to move -> wheel doesn't move. E.g. the FFB signal from the game can tell the wheel to move at 0-100% strength. So let's say your FFB deadzone is 10%, a small bump/kerb (telling the wheel to move at 9% for example) will not be felt in the wheel. This also affects center wheel behavior, because usually the forces keeping the wheel centered are relatively weak.

Steering deadzone can be corrected by using the corresponding slider in the wheel's configuration settings. Should be already at 0% if I recall correctly.
    FFB deadzone (or minimum input as it's called in other sims) is in the 'FFB calibration' screen. The value to input there depends on your wheel. On PC there's a tool called WheelCheck that can check it for you.

On console it requires a bit of trial and error, but it's fairly easy to do. If the value you put in is too high, you will get oscillation on straights/standstill (when not holding the brake). This is the result of the FFB motors working against each other. So you want to test up until you get oscillation, then dial it back a notch until it's gone and you will have your value. Start at a low value! High values can damage your wheel! Start at something like 0.05, then tone up and down from there.
    Last edited by Bealdor; 19-09-2017 at 10:31.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit

The following 2 users likes this Post: BiffyClyro88, hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    From Jack Spade's thread:

Edit: More advice from GTPlanet:
    Thank you to be always ready and quick by answering and giving help! much appreciate it man!

Platform
    PC
    I talked you into buying a wheel so I feel kinda responsible for it, lol.

The following user likes this Post: BiffyClyro88

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    From what i've seen i changed values in scoop reduction and i balanced values in force tires and steering sensitivity (force tires is now among 50 and 60 for me).. now it feels better, smoother don't know if it's ok after all, off course i still need to work on something else but it's at least a base from which to start!
    I have a good feeling with bmw z4 GT3, bmw M3 GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3 and LMP1 cars now steering it's more soft!

Is there a way to gain a bit of vibrations while hitting kerbs??
    And is it normal not feeling the car on track? I mean sometimes i can't feel if i'm losing grip coming out from a turn and act in time to save the car from spinning!
    It's sad to say it but With a joypad i can feel everything happening on track

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I talked you into buying a wheel so I feel kinda responsible for it, lol.
    ahahahahahaha LOL
    and you better be in fact ahahahahahha
    I need time i'm sure that sooner or later i will enjoy it properly!!!