Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General setup method to regain control from spins?

Platform
    PC
    It's gonna be tough for me to ever commit to Pcars-2 considering I lost it bad today in current P-1 in the rain on Monza w/LMP1 race. About ready to trash my computer in hostile frustration!

Hit a bump, spun, corrected, went the other way, no recovery possible. Even after a full stop the "AI" decided that I was too lame and would not let me get back in the race, period! There are some races that I T-bone into the rail at exactly the same spot every time. The AI designers even added a permanent dent there to razz me.....

I'm all for AI challenge, just not rigged races, land-mines, cars that are impossible to control...ever....etc! Just hope the programmers of P-2 just vary the opponents AI and not the players car or track functions too add variety or whatever else their goal was.

I have hundreds of hours on a current Pcars-1 now and am positive that they mess with the auto/trans shift reaction times at critical times near the ends of some races as I'm about the win. I can hear the RPM change, see the opponent gaining on me from behind even though I'm on a straight-away approaching the finish line, and am holding full throttle as he just gets his nose past mine. Nice exciting photo finish but to win I have to knock him off the track at the last second. That's a game not a sim.

Again, programmers if you're listening - DO NOT mess with my car in a race or activate some disaster waiting to happen in the last lap of an otherwise good race. Wear and damage is fine when those are the settings selected but not when set to off.

Someone reviewed V1 stating that many bugs were never fixed in this version. I'll be watching V2's progress before I comment. I'm hooked on racing sims, but before I commit to the expense of the latest and greatest hardware and software, promises should be kept.

Platform
    PS4
    You spun it in an LMP1 car but it's the game's fault?
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-40-40-60

Platform
    PC
    I rarely spin LMP1's as they run like they are on rails! It's not the spin that bothers me but the lack of being able to EVER recover from the subsequent COUNTER spin even from a dead stop!

FYI, I've played with the physics of this and found that in the grass doing donuts and figure 8's in many cars, things seem normal, counter steer from one skid, direction reverses after some catch-up time and rear comes around the other direction, grab it and hold angle.

Some cars like the Caterham Classic can be very controllable in skids in the rain with the fronts crossed up (not quite drifting but almost?) holding the skid through the 1st half of an S turn then reverse and hold off through 2nd half in the other direction. I use this trick to avoid the line and gain ground through the pack.

What I'm talking about has to be a bug or rigged effect forcing a reset or restart. If I knew how to submit a video (I only drive offline) I'd submit the evidence.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hardlock View Post
    What I'm talking about has to be a bug or rigged effect forcing a reset or restart...
    Or it could be you.

There's setup, track location and driving technique to consider. I can catch and hold small slides on the exits in the Ligier, but if I'm silly with the throttle I'll crash. Completely my fault.

If you're using a wheel, a fast 10:1 or 12:1 steering ratio may help speed up your reaction. Turning on the geared diff may also help but I'm yet to try that.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 06-10-2017 at 00:38.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-40-40-60
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone