Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirelli partnership with SMS

Platform
    PC

Pirelli partnership with SMS

Has this partnership put pCars 2 over the top in regards to the availability of data on tyre behavior and specific technical advice? Has this been implemented into the sim in a useful way? We all know the surface has barely been scratched regarding tyre feel and behavior in a variety of parameters. I'm hoping for a modest breakthrough.....
    "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?" - Vittorio Brambilla - Safety Car Driver
    "I don't mind, just don't be in the lead at the end of the first lap." - Prof. Syd Watkins - F1 Medical Chief

i5-8600k @4.7GHz - Noctua NH-15D Coolage - AsRock Z370 Extreme4 - eVGA GTX 1070 8GB - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Crystal Sound 2 - Fractal Design Define R6 Case - BenQ XR3501 curved - Windows 10 64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - SMZ1 w/Z1 Dashboard screen or MOMO MonteCarlo rims - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp manual - DSD Short Throw Sequential - DSD Button Box - Obutto Race Frame and Seat

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rowland View Post
    Has this partnership put pCars 2 over the top in regards to the availability of data on tyre behavior and specific technical advice? Has this been implemented into the sim in a useful way? We all know the surface has barely been scratched regarding tyre feel and behavior in a variety of parameters. I'm hoping for a modest breakthrough.....
    Watch this at 2:40. Pirelli for sure is involved.

enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Upon re-watching the video, it is very reassuring to know Mr Goodwin is impressed and satisfied that the McLarens are well represented in the sim. Now, at last, the amateur skeptics don't have a leg to stand on in their criticisms of physics and handling. I hope all the Pirelli shod cars are represented properly as well.
    Last edited by Eric Rowland; 15-09-2017 at 19:26.
    "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?" - Vittorio Brambilla - Safety Car Driver
    "I don't mind, just don't be in the lead at the end of the first lap." - Prof. Syd Watkins - F1 Medical Chief

i5-8600k @4.7GHz - Noctua NH-15D Coolage - AsRock Z370 Extreme4 - eVGA GTX 1070 8GB - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Crystal Sound 2 - Fractal Design Define R6 Case - BenQ XR3501 curved - Windows 10 64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - SMZ1 w/Z1 Dashboard screen or MOMO MonteCarlo rims - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp manual - DSD Short Throw Sequential - DSD Button Box - Obutto Race Frame and Seat
    The following 4 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Javaniceday, Purg, VelvetTorpedo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Upon re-watching the video, it is very reassuring to know Mr Goodwin is impressed and satisfied that the McLarens are well represented in the sim. Now, at last, the amateur skeptics don't have a leg to stand on in their criticisms of physics and handling. I hope the Pirelli shod cars are represented properly as well.
    Well said.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Eric Rowland, GTsimms

WMD Member
    Upon re-watching the video, it is very reassuring to know Mr Goodwin is impressed and satisfied that the McLarens are well represented in the sim.
    It'll be the first car I try.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    It's been said that Pirelli's secret sauce has been injected into every tire in the game. I think the post is in GTPlanet somewhere.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Eric Rowland, GTsimms, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    It may be a secret, but they are very good!
    Wheel Settings All of My Games (Slow WIP 8/2019)
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTyme214 View Post
    It's been said that Pirelli's secret sauce has been injected into every tire in the game. I think the post is in GTPlanet somewhere.
    Maybe you meat this article?
    Project Cars 2 is coming here! Okay enough with the silly signatures... I gotta find something better to put here.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Eric Rowland, TexasTyme214

Platform
    PC
    I cannot wait to try out what this is all about......

“Vitale and I were flipping through what Pirelli had brought to the session—sort of a ‘prepare’ or summary mode, which helps us choose areas to dig into,” recalls AJ. “The moment I saw the patch pressure distribution sheets, all sorts of bells started sounding in my head. I knew immediately that we’d just stumbled onto something crucial. I ran downstairs to tell Casey.”

“It was a really simple thing with a big impact!” recalls Casey. “See, our SETA tyre model breaks down the contact patch of each tyre to 36 individual points of contact, and we can visualize the contact patch pressure profile of each tyre while driving. Pirelli does similar testing on real-world tyres, and AJ had seen what the contact patch pressure of the real tyre looked like compared to ours. Most crucially, he noticed a disparity between the two models.

“We immediately began fiddling with our 720S tyre to make it look more like the real thing. With Chris testing the changes, we realised there was a direct correlation to making a tyre that looked right, to having a tyre with the right handling and steering feel. Just like that, we’d transformed the feel of the 720S, and Chris was absolutely delighted.”

Not only the 720S. Armed with Pirelli’s contact patch pressure profiles, Casey and AJ immediately got to work altering the tyre model on all the cars on Project CARS 2. It wasn’t long before drivers such as Tommy Milner, and Vaughn Gittin Jr., and Ben Collins began sending them exultant feedback on the handling of the cars in-game.

The following 5 users likes this Post: Alan Dallas, born2bslow, eracerhead, Roger Prynne, TexasTyme214

Platform
    PC
    Be prepared to get addicted to the secret sauce!
    Wheel Settings All of My Games (Slow WIP 8/2019)
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)
    The following user likes this Post: born2bslow