Page 139 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1498

Thread: Some desirable features for incoming patches

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yeah, it's not that they make a night and day difference, it's just giving a few tenths per lap running lower pressures. Also maybe the pressures suggested in this post are what the team had in mind as intended pressures, but due to the sim being so complicated, other factors worked in favor for lower pressures than intended.

Which actually turns out to be more realistic in a strange way: As mentioned by the devs, tire manufacturers suggest to real racing teams a certain range of tire pressures as the optimal ones,but the teams actually use much lower pressures than that! Same as we players do in PC2

It's still fine to me, only thing that does not look so fine, is that there's extremely low tire wear. At least with touring cars (which have no seperate soft/hard tires), I could complete 30-50 lap races with one set of tires just fine and was actually doing my best laps at the last stages, when the fuel was low. That takes away most of the possible strategy considerations, because combined with the fact that even completely full fuel tanks also have very small effect on lap times, this makes the best strategy for long raceswith mandatory pistops to do the pitstop at the very last lap and put 1 lt of fuel.
    I'm not sure about what you're saying about fuel. I always put 40-50 litres of fuel in a car if I want to set it up and I can feel the weight of the car in GT3s. Pretty sure it also affects lap times and braking distance and I don't think it's a placebo effect, but I can't comment on TCR as I have not much experience in them.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 12-07-2018 at 18:49.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    I'm not sure about what you're saying about fuel. I always put 40-50 litres of fuel in a car if I want to set it up and I can feel the weight of the car in GT3s. Pretty sure it also affects lap times and braking distance and I don't think it's a placebo effect, but I can't comment on TCR as I have not much experience in them.
    I only said that fuel makes a small difference, not none at all. Put 100 litres in a GT3 and do several laps, then repeat with 20 lt, what's the difference in your average lap times? When I tried it some months ago, it was less than a second, around 0.5 if I remember correctly.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I only said that fuel makes a small difference, not none at all. Put 100 litres in a GT3 and do several laps, then repeat with 20 lt, what's the difference in your average lap times? When I tried it some months ago, it was less than a second, around 0.5 if I remember correctly.
    Yeah, it's not much of a difference, but still 1/2 second is almost five tenths (insert troll face here ). I'll try to do some research on this to see how it is in real life but my guess is the difference is not much either.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    I can definitely feel the difference in the balance of the car between full fuel load and low fuel load. The car tends to get much less stable on low fuel. Of course, your driving style and setup will impact that as well, but I can confirm that the fuel weight is felt by the driver.

I can't/won't comment on impact to laptimes.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    PC
    a new realism setting that allows you to start from the pit lane, do a lap of the track and stop at the starting grid I remember that there was a F1 mod on rFactor that allowed that. of course, the option would be uncheckable like the cooldown lap for the casual gamers. but for league racing and/or realism and immersion lovers(like me), it would be a magnificient addition instead of spawning immediately on the grid
    the only losers are the ones who give up. but that doesn't mean that you don't have to surpass yourself.
    CastrolGT aka Mach
    T500RS + stiffened pedals and permanent DIY hydraulic brake upgrade
    The following 6 users likes this Post: A Scott, KANETAKER, Pekka Salminen, PostBox981, ProjectCARSFiend, Tar Heel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CastrolGT View Post
    a new realism setting that allows you to start from the pit lane, do a lap of the track and stop at the starting grid I remember that there was a F1 mod on rFactor that allowed that. of course, the option would be uncheckable like the cooldown lap for the casual gamers. but for league racing and/or realism and immersion lovers(like me), it would be a magnificient addition instead of spawning immediately on the grid
    Would love that feature also option to add number of formation laps, so leave pitlane you could do 2 laps before going to the grid, some of the shorter circuits some series run 2 laps instead of just one.
    The following user likes this Post: Tar Heel

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    We have options to sort the race length in online lobbies with short, medium, long, and extremely long. However, only short and long options show up with rooms in them. There long races can have 24H rooms but they will not show up in "extremely long." Please change such that short races are 1-10 minutes, medium is 11-20 minutes, long is 21-60 minutes, and extremely long races are 61+ minutes. I'm unsure if the game adds the lengths of practice, qualifying, and races together to determine the length, but that would need to be addressed also.

This is more of an issue than a feature, but I find that wet tires wear faster in the wet than in the dry. GTE is a notable example of this.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    60 fps replay for consoles

I'd like to see other ghost cars moving when watching the replays in time trial mode, it's odd you can select the other ghost cars but they just show as static vehicles.
    System: i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (currently stock 2.66GHz), 16GB RAM, (GTX680 GPU RIP) ,GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA/P55-UD5 Logitech G25 wheel (Falling apart),win7 64/ Win XP 32 SP3, all drivers upto date.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: blinkngone, KANETAKER, Silraed

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I might have already said this earlier in this thread but at the end of a race I would like to be able exactly which versions of cars finished where. Like instead of just the French flag for a Ligier LMP2, which version was it, Nissan engine, Honda, or Judd. Which Jaguar prototype was it, LM or regular? Those cars where there are at least two versions of the same car are the ones I would like to be able to which one it was. I guess you could go by livery on some but I can't remember all of the distinct liveries for all of the cars.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KANETAKER, Silraed