Page 1 of 144 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Some desirable features for incoming patches

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Some desirable features for incoming patches

For now I'm thinking on just a couple of them. You may continue to fill in the list with your own.

- An option to remove the DRS option in FA races, since it's again usable anytime in the track. F1 fans found this specially awful in pc1, and so did I tbh. It's simply not right. Not a hard one to add in a patch, is it.

- The option already present in pc1 of everybody in the same car of the same class. Please add just another little easy option that would allow the host to choose the number of cars he wants from the same category, not just either one or all. Example. GT4, I open lobby in pc1 and restrict everybody to using the Ginetta only. Now imagine in pc2 I want to restrict the use to the Porche and the Mustang only, not just to..., the Porche for instance. This another one that should be easy to implement.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Easy to Implement ist a dangerous Wording...

Easy perhaps in your Eyes

But we in WMD know that Easy often means much work. (Base Code / GUI / Filter / Description / Translations / Netcode) etc. etc.

So it's good to make Suggestion but please leave that wording with Easy Implementation out
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    XBOX1
    A 30fps lock for consoles (specially xbox one). As the DF analysis showed, the game has trouble reaching 60fps and has screen tearing, but it can manage a minimum of 40.
    Having the option to have a 30 lock would improve for those of us who favor a smooth experience.

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Alex1996, Mowzer, snipeme77

Platform
    PS4
    I prefer that they keep aiming for 60fps...
    The video on DF is a STRESS test with maximum of cars, baddest whether conditions and in a high textured track as Monaco..

For the rest the game seems to reach the 60 fps in normal conditions, so with a bit of optimisation here and there during the support sure that they will improve the framework even on the basis consoles.

A sim game has to be at least at 60fps no 30
    Current Rig: Playseat Challenge + Trusthmaster T150RS + T3PA pedals + brake Mod.
    UDP APP's:RSDash, Dashmeter pro for AC/PC, PCarsTT.
    FFB PCars2:RAW,65,40,35,35,0'40.
    My lema: "SimRacing For Fun!"
    The following user likes this Post: senna94f1

Platform
    XBOX1
    That's why I wrote "add an option" and not "force everyone". Those who don't mind frame drops can have them, those who prefer a stable frame rate can have it too.

Yes, a racing game should be at least locked 60fps, but if it can't reach that target, is better a locked 30 than jumping between 30 and 60 (in my opinion). Hence, the "option" request and not "force it upon everyone".

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB
    The following 5 users likes this Post: APR193, honespc, kingpen, senna94f1, snipeme77

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just the one feature I would like, offline championships

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Aussie View Post
    Just the one feature I would like, offline championships
    This is crucial. I would love to have custom offline championship.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    Easy to Implement ist a dangerous Wording...

Easy perhaps in your Eyes

But we in WMD know that Easy often means much work. (Base Code / GUI / Filter / Description / Translations / Netcode) etc. etc.

So it's good to make Suggestion but please leave that wording with Easy Implementation out
    Nothing already hardcore seasoned coders such as sms can be scared of. They should be able to write in derisory stuff like that in a couple of afternoons one handed only, while scratching them butts with the other.

That adding a couple of little options like that might lead to some unexpected issue or bug?, that would be another all together then.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    - An option to remove the DRS option in FA races, since it's again usable anytime in the track.
    Agreed. I always disable DRS in F1 mods in rF1 & AMS, having an option to disable DRS in PCars2 would be great.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Naemlich, ProDriver, Raklodder, Satchel_Charge

Platform
    PC
    Remember that FA is FICTIONAL not F1
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb
    The following user likes this Post: Sporadik