Page 116 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1426

Thread: Some desirable features for incoming patches

Platform
    PC
    The ability to decrease or remove the blur from regular and VR replays.
    PRIME Z270A | i5-7600K @ 4.7GHz | 16GB @ 3200MHz | RX580 (8GB) @ 1390/2200MHz | G920 with GTEYE springs and H-shifter
    The following user likes this Post: Tar Heel

Superkart Pilot Kunal_Racedriver's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Please add the effect of Headlights illumination for not just the night time but also during dark daytime as well (early morning/evening). Project cars 1 did this very nicely where I loved chasing cars and looking at the reflections/ illumination upfront. Not a game affecting issue but I find it annoying to turn on headlights when feeling dark but not having them affect anything. Night racing is very well optimized in Pcars 2 and I wonder how bad performance hit this was to left it out.

Also, another wonderful effect in Pcars 1 was the tail lights reflecting and illuminating road, in both dry and wet conditions. However, in project cars 2, even on high reflection setting... there are no tail lights reflecting on wet track. They do show faintly, but only when cars brake. I would love this effect back even more than headlights

Please add an option to enable this. Those who can and will afford performance power(in future) will love it. Please give it a consideration
    Last edited by Kunal_Racedriver; 12-05-2018 at 17:42.
    | CPU: i7 2600K @3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX1070 | MB: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU: GX750W | OS: Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Display: 3 X Benq Gw2760Hs| Wheel: Logitech G27
    The following 6 users likes this Post: cpcdem, ELAhrairah, Hugo Catarino, KANETAKER, Raklodder, Tar Heel

Platform
    PC
    A great favor! In the case of the license point system, could the points already achieved NOT be lost for any reason after the checkered flag has been received in every race (end of career)? Specifically disconnection, game crash, or mainly ... by a host that is a BAD LOSER. The latter occurs because despite crossing the finish line in 1st position there are still cars that have not reached the finish line, and during that time period if the host is a cheater he can kick you out of the race to make you lose more points.

Great... Just an abuse of authority by the host ( https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheBigWhite/ ) just happened to me, but only because a friend of his lost against me at Nurburgring GP ... The friend of the host was quite anxious to earn points as possible to the point of throwing me off the track a couple of times taking advantage of the damage was activated, but in the first attempt he made a mistake in his entry to the pits winning 10 seconds of penalty, therefore I just had to stay right behind him to win the race, but then He began to deliberately lower his pace and block me, so that the 3rd LMP1 would reach me and overtake me, as if he wanted to ruin my career. In the last attempt I managed to overtake him but he pushed me from behind breaking my rear wing, and although I would lose 9 points, he complained to his friend and just after I crossed the finish line I was kicked out of the lobby ... accordingly I lost 20 points.

20 points that cost me 1 month to get them ....

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    Actually, no. Given a choice between voice chat you can't control and no voice chat at all, but a decent text box, I'd go with the text alone every time. I don't much care about legacy posts. Text chat is primarily for quickly conveying rules and instructions to newcomers, and detailing post race infringements (or early race protests, to get a kick and a restart), so. Yes, losing texts when you go tune and return is a pain, and shows SMS's poor skills in grasping the basic elements of good lobby design (a game needs more than physics, Mr. Bell!), but isn't a game breaker. But being on track in a race or qualy, some kids joins and proceeds to swamp everyone's audio with either background noise or idiotic chatter while you are trying to concentrate, and having no way to stop it short of pulling over is...

All this elementary lobby bad design simply illustrates that SMS make this game for one type of player and one type only: Disciplined league drivers... Private rooms that kids can't join and spam the audio system. The rest of the lobby system is utter incompetence. SMS's lobby design team need to get their heads out of the league rooms and go try to play this utterly flawed game in a public room on a console. And be locked into having to do that until they fix it!
    Yeah but who really has time to pull up a keyboard, start typing and text while out in lobby during race or whatever? Isn't voice chat quicker, less distracting and achieves the same objective?
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PC
    here is a comparison of dynamics visuals missing in PCars 2. The reflection quality seems to be better in Pcars 2 but too weak and negligible. Rain drops are much better in lights with that breakup using textures but the droplets on screen seem to use the same old 3 years old generic Photoshop style droplet filter textures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCARS_TAIL LIGHTS COMPARISON.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	254451
    Last edited by Kunal_Racedriver; 14-05-2018 at 06:58.
    | CPU: i7 2600K @3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX1070 | MB: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU: GX750W | OS: Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Display: 3 X Benq Gw2760Hs| Wheel: Logitech G27
    The following 4 users likes this Post: GenBrien, Hugo Catarino, Raklodder, Tar Heel

Platform
    PC
    And the effect of headlights in daytime
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCARS1_HEADLIGHTS.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	254452
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Hugo Catarino, KANETAKER, Raklodder

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not sure if this has been said, I'd like to see class wins as a stat.

Part of it is because so many of these classes race together.

Part of it is I don't need to hear my crew chief telling me to hustle when I'm first in class, 9th overall because those LMP1's are too far away to catch.

If it is a one class race, it would still count as a class win and overall win.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KANETAKER, sas5320

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Ability to have customer liveries on console

*Custom liveries on console

I get on Project Cars 2 here and there, and sometimes I'm just roaming through the car list trying to find a car I want to drive. "Maybe I'll drive this one." I press X on my Xbox One controller to view the liveries and I'm not impressed with a majority of the liveries, bored of the liveries, or there just is not a good selection.

I am sitting there thinking, "I wish I could create my own liveries, create more liveries from real teams and cars," and then I get to the point where I'm trying to figure out why we don't have the option. I understand SMS does not have the expendable resources to put into developing a in-game paint feature and that is not necessarily their number 1 priority, understandably so, but I don't see why they can't enable the ability to create liveries on the computer then transfer them over through the cloud, or some other data transferring system.

Maybe the file would be larger than ideal, I just feel like there would be a way to achieve that with all of the technology available these days -- to have the ability to create a livery and transfer it into a game file. On Forza you can take a picture in the game, save it, and then log onto the computer and recover it. Why would you be unable to do something similar when it comes to liveries?

The ability for console gamers to access custom liveries would greatly improve the game for us console-users, and if SMS could figure out a system to make it work how I described, they could add that feature without spending limited resources in developing a adequate, interactive, and complex painting system.
    Last edited by CSReese; 17-05-2018 at 01:03.

Platform
    PC
    Ease on CURRENT AND NEXT TRACK INVALIDATED penalty

It is rather annoying to have next lap discarded even if you are too far from last corners. A full last sector check is a bit too much. I even got this error after screwing turn 7 of imola which was really frustrating when you have a handful of clean lap opportunities in an online lobby. Last two turns check is enough IMO
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cpcdem, CSReese, KANETAKER, mo_stache, TexasTyme214

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Yeah but who really has time to pull up a keyboard, start typing and text while out in lobby during race or whatever? Isn't voice chat quicker, less distracting and achieves the same objective?
    My keyboard (as are probably most of us) is used for many in-race adjustments, so always within reach. Copy and paste is good for lengthier race and etiquette instructions.

Voice chat would always be quicker and less distracting, if that was ALL it was used for. But unless in league rooms with strict chat instructions (and a ban as disincentive to doing so), chat is subject to the worst players' use, not the best! If you enjoy listening to yahoos curse like gang members, bong-toke and cough their way through an entire race (and no way to turn just them off without retiring), rant about politics or their girlfriends or otherwise ruin a perfectly good room, the current system is for you!

But if all you want is terse in-race warnings, protests and minimum distraction, then simply in between race light banter, either be in a serious league or you are forced to mute your entire system. Text, because of its slowness and difficulty, not despite it, is the way to force only the most essential communication.
    Last edited by simsimsheree; 17-05-2018 at 20:26.