Page 138 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1440

Thread: Some desirable features for incoming patches

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'd be glad if most of the public lobbies on Xbox would be 10 laps races, tbf.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    I'd be glad if most of the public lobbies on Xbox would be 10 laps races, tbf.
    Are they longer? Or are they even shorter?
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Likely shorter.... Titles like GT and Forza have given everyone the impression that 5 lap races should be the norm...
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Fight-Test, rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    What Mahjik said. In some cases qualifying is longer than the race itself.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, lawfulharbor218

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Why would someone not use the recommended optimum tyre pressure? (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...46#post1400146)
    Because testing has shown that those are not the optimal ones

For example, in touring cars I have found that the optimal pressures are not 2-2.15 bar as suggested, but 1.7-1.8 instead. And I have done races with 50+ laps in such pressures and the tires are coping absolutely fine (more fine than I would think it's normal actually).

For GT3s, I am not sure what is the current situation, but at least 2 months ago, anything more than 1.85 was a big no no for cornering.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post

For example, in touring cars I have found that the optimal pressures are not 2-2.15 bar as suggested, but 1.7-1.8 instead. And I have done races with 50+ laps in such pressures and the tires are coping absolutely fine (more fine than I would think it's normal actually).
    Completely agree with this. It feels like the pressures have to be run too low, and with no ill effect.
    My 1992 Vw Corrado G60 - CorradoG60.co.uk
    My Mixer channel - Mixer.com/TekNeil
    Please...No more GT cars!
    I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive

Platform
    PC
    I do have to agree that since about Patch 5.0 I have been running lower pressures than what Casey recommended. His recommended pressures for Modern GT and LMP cars is 26psi. I have been running mine mostly around 24 - 25psi and they will last a good long time. It seems to be the best compromise between grip and longevity (at least for my setup and driving style).
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    Because testing has shown that those are not the optimal ones

For GT3s, I am not sure what is the current situation, but at least 2 months ago, anything more than 1.85 was a big no no for cornering.
    Well, Casey said for GTs the range is from 1.60-1.90. I haven't driven Touring Cars too much to be fair. I have set my pressures in the recommended range and it works, but I have no idea if lower pressures would be better, so I'm going to try this tonight.

Would be awesome if Casey could say something about pressures after all the patches and maybe update his 'sheet'.

Helloooo Caaaaaseyyyy, can you hear us? We need your help!
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    touring cars I have found that the optimal pressures are not 2-2.15 bar as suggested, but 1.7-1.8 instead. And I have done races with 50+ laps in such pressures and the tires are coping absolutely fine (more fine than I would think it's normal actually).
    Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship Donnington Park 16 laps tires are finshed, in some cases tires dont last the full race of just 16 laps.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well, Casey said for GTs the range is from 1.60-1.90. I haven't driven Touring Cars too much to be fair. I have set my pressures in the recommended range and it works, but I have no idea if lower pressures would be better, so I'm going to try this tonight.

Would be awesome if Casey could say something about pressures after all the patches and maybe update his 'sheet'.

Helloooo Caaaaaseyyyy, can you hear us? We need your help!
    Yeah, it's not that they make a night and day difference, it's just giving a few tenths per lap running lower pressures. Also maybe the pressures suggested in this post are what the team had in mind as intended pressures, but due to the sim being so complicated, other factors worked in favor for lower pressures than intended.

Which actually turns out to be more realistic in a strange way: As mentioned by the devs, tire manufacturers suggest to real racing teams a certain range of tire pressures as the optimal ones,but the teams actually use much lower pressures than that! Same as we players do in PC2

It's still fine to me, only thing that does not look so fine, is that there's extremely low tire wear. At least with touring cars (which have no seperate soft/hard tires), I could complete 30-50 lap races with one set of tires just fine and was actually doing my best laps at the last stages, when the fuel was low. That takes away most of the possible strategy considerations, because combined with the fact that even completely full fuel tanks also have very small effect on lap times, this makes the best strategy for long raceswith mandatory pistops to do the pitstop at the very last lap and put 1 lt of fuel.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: PostBox981, rich1e I