Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Some desirable features for incoming patches

Online Marketing Director Nathan Bell's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    Nothing already hardcore seasoned coders such as sms can be scared of. They should be able to write in derisory stuff like that in a couple of afternoons one handed only, while scratching them butts with the other.

That adding a couple of little options like that might lead to some unexpected issue or bug?, that would be another all together then.
    What you don't forsee is the level of churn involved. Look at it like a game of jenga, you move one piece and 30 pieces fall.
    Online Marketing Director
    Slightly Mad Studios

Twitter: NathanBell_SMS
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ermo, honespc, Leper Messiah, Luke Townsend

Platform
    PS4
    There are a few things i would like to see in PCARS 2, but i will wait until i have played the game to see how things pan out, hopefully the glitches we suffered on the PS4 will be long gone

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I would like to get the opportunity to get bigger grid sizes. 56 cars in le mans in pC1 was awesome. But I don't know if something like this is possible with a patch only
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara Edition // Rig: Playseat® Alcantara
    The following user likes this Post: jordan3878

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by maTech View Post
    I would like to get the opportunity to get bigger grid sizes. 56 cars in le mans in pC1 was awesome. But I don't know if something like this is possible with a patch only
    Considering when I did Le Mans for 24hrs nearly 20 ai cars crashed out, a 56 car grid is really essential! I loved the thrill of fighting through traffic in the dark, I'll miss it. Never mind, 32 is still better than most racing games these days.

Platform
    PC
    As with the option to increase or reduce tire wear speed in multiplayer races (slow, real, x2 to x7), it would be good to implement a similar option to adjust the speed of fuel consumption (slow, real, x2), to have another way to force pitstops / increase the number of pit stops in on-line races, especially in sprint races or less than 10 laps or less than 30 minutes.

For now (in PCars1) the only way was to increase tire wear, which in many cases hurt the performance and speed of cars; which for short races is not very good that we say. In short races it is preferable to define the positions fighting wheel to wheel on the track, whereas for long races it would make sense a endurance race in which not only counts the speed but also how well you manage the wear of the tires and the consumption of fuel (with the new fuel map option).
    Last edited by KANETAKER; 21-09-2017 at 14:17.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: deadly, Krambolage

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

So far Request for changes.

I just want to make a Small Request on something that many Game developers miss to make in games.

Lets set the situation.

Person have 2 screens one main screen lets say 22" pc monitor. and as a Second screen they have a 42" tv connected with HDMI for racing games.

Only way that the person can make the PC2 to play on the 42" is to change the Main screen in windows.

So to resolve this. the game should allow Windows Fullscreen borderless (also really great for streaming). Or to chose from the game what output you want it to go to, just making a point here, that we are in 2017 and these settings should be standard in any game.

So i hope that the developers actuely will think about adding this.

Bugs what i have found.

Virtuel rear mirror, reset all the time. Like it dont remember the "save settings" when you change in the HUD.
    Multiplayer "but i think that is worked on"

Platform
    XBOX1 X

*** minor & small requests for future patch updates ***

Hoping we can bundle all minor & small requests for future patch updates into a single thread so the devs can easily find this. This is not for HUGE requests lists (e.g. safety car) nor a car or track wishlist. This is not a bug report thread either, there are already existing threads for that.
    With minor and small I also mean how it feels as a player, I have no clue how much work these changes would take for the devs. If everyone keeps this crisp and clear and it becomes a nice wishlist of the little things, the devs might actually take a look at it and grab some things from it and implement it.

To start off here are a couple of requests from myself :

1) Please add a "reset to default settings" for all sub-windows under the controls menu. I tried out a suggestion for controller settings I don't like but I can't return to the previous values now.

2) Please add all seat positioning options (seat up, seat down, etc) to the ICM menu, console players with their limited amount of buttons who play from the dashboard camera will absolutely love you for it! Cycle Motec LCD can be useful as well in the ICM.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 5 users likes this Post: ermo, FS7, ironman, Martinbooker, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    when left and right d-pad buttons are mapped to look left and look right and also left / right in the in car menu, when the icm is open, disable look left / right

Add estimated laps with given fuel load on tuning page

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    * Add an option to cancel the current career season
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 3 users likes this Post: CXR PhilGDUK, JasonSandwich, Lplate

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    * on the track map, make the line of the track a little whiter and the blue arrow for the player car a much brighter colour (bright orange or something). It's sometimes difficult to see both these.