Page 72 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Some desirable features for incoming patches

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Feature request - car physics slow motion review

I believe that PC2 is racing simulator, not arcade game. All what happens during driving is probably based on the simulation of physics of suspension, tires, movement equations.
    It would be great and educational to have the option to see in slow motion, how the suspension, tires, car frame is behaving during drive (replay) for example the cornering which was sucesfull and fast vs. the one which resulted in lost grip.
    I believe all this is available in the game simulation engine, the missing thing is the presentation layer with some wire frame view of the car and it's main components (suspension, tries, load on wheels, slip).
    It would allow in depth analysis and deep understanding of the physics at play, which should help driving at the limit.

Platform
    PC
    No idea how much work this is to implement, but I would appreciate more time progression options. Simulating 24 hour races with the current time progression multipliers isn't ideal. There is quite a gap between x5 and x10 for instance; needing respectively 2h24m races and 4h48m races to get an accurate cycle. Deviating too much from these race lengths mean you'll have skewed cycles. For instance, a 3h30m race at x10 will lead to relatively short nights while x5 will result in unrealistically long nights.
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - ASRock A320M Pro4 - EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING 6GB - G.Skill 16GB DDR4 - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W - Thrustmaster T300 RS - Triple monitors
    The following 3 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, ant1897, Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzic View Post
    No idea how much work this is to implement, but I would appreciate more time progression options. Simulating 24 hour races with the current time progression multipliers isn't ideal. There is quite a gap between x5 and x10 for instance; needing respectively 2h24m races and 4h48m races to get an accurate cycle. Deviating too much from these race lengths mean you'll have skewed cycles. For instance, a 3h30m race at x10 will lead to relatively short nights while x5 will result in unrealistically long nights.
    With that duration, if you start at 15:00, with 5x you'll finish the race in the sunrise of next day. With 10x you'll finish the race in the second night. Not good ideas...

You can start the race at 9:00 with 10x and it will finnish at 20:00 of the next day with more daylight and a shorter night driving. Also summer season would help to make nights shorter.

Anyway I agree that a multiplier of x8 (divider of 24) would help because you can fit 24h in a 3 hours race. Also 4x, 6x, 8x and 12x would be much better option than actual 5x, 10x and 15x for the same reason:

24h with x4 ---> 6 hours
    24h with x6 ---> 4 hours
    24h with x8 ---> 3 hours
    24h with x12 ---> 2 hours

Options avaliable: 2x, 5x, 10x, 15x, 20x, 25x, 30x, 40x, 50x, 60x
    Desirable options: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x, 12x, 20x, 24x, 48x, 60x
    Last edited by Asturbo; 14-02-2018 at 07:51.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Chin, GenBrien, Hugo Catarino, jan.ringas, KANETAKER, Mangoat, Raklodder, TexasTyme214, Zenzic

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    i would really love to see wheel input ommited from menus. How many times I've crashed *wheel jarred left or right... and paused or gone into controller menu and its messed up all my settings as the wheel is turned. maybe just have the Dpad active..

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lokid View Post
    i would really love to see wheel input ommited from menus. How many times I've crashed *wheel jarred left or right... and paused or gone into controller menu and its messed up all my settings as the wheel is turned. maybe just have the Dpad active..
    Something that can help is to increase your "Menu Spring Strength" (in the FFB settings). It will make it harder to turn the wheel in the menus which should reduce some of that.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    but i bet you need spring and damper active - these i never have on really for sim.s

Platform
    PC
    but i bet you need spring and damper active - these i never have on really for sim.s
    Which wheel are you using?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You don't. It's an option in the FFB section. It adds a spring to the wheel only in the menus.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Something that can help is to increase your "Menu Spring Strength" (in the FFB settings). It will make it harder to turn the wheel in the menus which should reduce some of that.
    It applies only in main menu. Not in pause menu. So if you spun, the wheel turned to the lock, if you hit ESC and you encounter uncontrollable menu (by keyboard) until you don't centrer the wheel manually. It's even harder in VR, because you cannot see the wheel position.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Which wheel are you using?
    T300 GTE, and it doesnt do nothing the menu option thing.