Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Force feedback explained. Configuration settings for all cars and tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for your reply, it helps me understand the FFB a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by pferreirag60 View Post
    5) with my wheel i can feel pretty good the lost of grip but only when using the jack spade files with the following settings: 100:50-80:0:20, when i loose traction, the wheel just loose all the FFB.
    What wheel are you using? For me the point isnt really if other people experience the same. I can also feel understeer quite well. But rather I wanted to know if the vibration is the actual tire model simulating grip-loss and regaining grip, or that it is some random noise caused by whatever not-real effect.

Is there a way to save for each car the FFB settings? Thanks
    CPU: Intel i7 8700K | RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti GAMING X 11G | OS: Windows 10 - 64 bits | Wheel: CSL Elite + CSP + CSQ | Misc: Oculus Rift

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OlivierMDVY View Post
    Is there a way to save for each car the FFB settings? Thanks
    Nope. Not in the FFB menu per se.

But I'll share how I do it. There's 3 things that affect the FFB in a somewhat standard way*:
    1. Caster
    2. Steering Ratio
    3. Camber

I view them that way:
    1. RAG/RAB
    2. Deadzone removal range
    3. Volume(Tire Force)

Lower caster if you're clipping under load in a curve.
    Lower steering ratio if you have an FFB deadzone near TDC.
    Move camber a bit up or down depending on how much wheel weight you want.

Of course, other garage settings affect the FFB. But personally, I think those 3 have the most direct effect on the FFB, without disturbing the performance of your setup too much. The only one you might not be able to move as much as you want is Camber. Depending on the track, it may be difficult to move them much. At the same time, you don't need to change it much to get the desired FFB effect.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by poirqc; 24-06-2018 at 00:50.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 90/32/60/5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Kart 100CC 2011 has blank fields. Any particular reason for that? What settings should I have for it?

Platform
    PC
    I gave up. Just stopped playing Pcars2 since last year due the wheel settings.
    It's just unplayable for me. Even with JackSpades files. Wheel behaves really bad while turning (slow or fast corners). Can't do 3 laps without spinning the car.
    When start to turn wheel for cornering, it seems the response is not enough.
    Therefore I turn a bit more the wheel, but then it turns too much.

What is weird, is that it became worst to set and play since day 1.
    Mainly playing Assetto and RaceRoom Experience now, where settings with G27 are perfect.
    I will beg for a last help tho concerning PCars2 G27 wheel settings (lets forget JSpades files, please),
    I believe there is someone out there without it. playing well enough.
    So, please, I beg for a last help.

Cheers,
    Paulo
    Animals and racing lover

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Ribeiro View Post
    I gave up. Just stopped playing Pcars2 since last year due the wheel settings.
    It's just unplayable for me. Even with JackSpades files. Wheel behaves really bad while turning (slow or fast corners). Can't do 3 laps without spinning the car.
    When start to turn wheel for cornering, it seems the response is not enough.
    Therefore I turn a bit more the wheel, but then it turns too much.

What is weird, is that it became worst to set and play since day 1.
    Mainly playing Assetto and RaceRoom Experience now, where settings with G27 are perfect.
    I will beg for a last help tho concerning PCars2 G27 wheel settings (lets forget JSpades files, please),
    I believe there is someone out there without it. playing well enough.
    So, please, I beg for a last help.

Cheers,
    Paulo
    Look at my post above. It should cover most situations. Set the drivers at 100%, turn the 3 sliders below to 0 % and tick the 'game control the FFB' last checkbox. pCars 2 FFB settings are in my signature.

Most cars will drive well. For those that tend to clip\saturate, lower Caster angle(in the garage) until the wheel is living again.

If you feel the FFB is a little loose, around Top Dead Center, lower Steering Ratio by a click or 2 in the garage. Here, it should be informative quick enough while not too sensitive either.
    Last edited by poirqc; 25-07-2018 at 16:04.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 90/32/60/5
    The following user likes this Post: Paulo Ribeiro

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    Look at my post above. It should cover most situations. Set the drivers at 100%, turn the 3 sliders below to 0 % and tick the 'game control the FFB' last checkbox. pCars 2 FFB settings are in my signature.

Most cars will drive well. For those that tend to clip\saturate, lower Caster angle(in the garage) until the wheel is living again.

If you feel the FFB is a little loose, around Top Dead Center, lower Steering Ratio by a click or 2 in the garage. Here, it should be informative quick enough while not too sensitive either.
    Thank you for your quick reply.

You might made me to get back to PCars2. Just made my wheel settings as you have in your signature and it improved a lot! Lowered the steering ratio aswell.

Thank you Sir, for your help.

Cheers,
    Paulo
    Animals and racing lover
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Is there any way to get more, or any, feeling from the front of the car under braking and corner entry?

If find that the FFB is very informative of what the rear is doing on corner exit and weight transfer going over crests and dips, but no sense of weight transfer under braking. The steering should tighten as the load transfers to the front wheels, but I feel none of that, it just feels dead under braking.

I have a T300 and have tried every custom config going, I'm currently using the standard custom config (Raw) - Volume 50(or lower if clipping), Tone 75, FX 20 with deadzone removal as per Rantam's custom config. Nothing I've tried seems to give any feeling of weight transfer under braking. Are there any specific custom config settings that could help to get that feeling of the weight transferring to the front wheels?