Thread: How high can we expect thermal temperatures to be on gaming laptops with this game?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

How high can we expect thermal temperatures to be on gaming laptops with this game?

I have a Cyberpower PC Vector II series with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ, Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 and 16 GB of Ram. I ask how high we can expect temps to be with this game in laptops because the first Project Cars for some reason on the highest settings my laptop normally runs about 45-50c while browsing which is exactly what my gaming desktop did. When playing Project Cars on my desktop which the processor was an i7-3960X the highest temp it got to playing the game was about 77C with a liquid cooling setup. Now I can't play on my desktop at the moment since it needs work done but my Gaming Laptop that I have when I run the 1st Project Cars on the highest settings like almost immediately from starting a time trial my temps end up going stable around 93-94c according to my Intel Extreme Tuning Utility even with my laptop fan on high and my laptop cooler pad underneath. I would assume since Project Cars 2 has a higher spec requirements that it would make my laptop run even hotter and possibly shut down from overheating. I know laptops have to dissipate more heat and no it doesn't have any dust or anything I've checked and maybe it's because when I got it earlier this year they just put a stock thermal paste on it and I need to get a better one but with my fan on high and a cooling pad underneath you'd think 93-94c would be too much and at 97c is the most my processor could handle before it could start to throttle.

Thoughts?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Shooting out Flames like a jet afterburner
    The following user likes this Post: EHM

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    It's for sure a good Idea to keep Track of the Temperatures...
    But since every Setup is different it would need a Crytsal Ball to make assumptions...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    It's for sure a good Idea to keep Track of the Temperatures...
    But since every Setup is different it would need a Crytsal Ball to make assumptions...
    Just put everything on Ultra and for some reason it actually runs cooler with Project Cars 2 then the first one. I put everything on Ultra and so far I haven't went over 75c and I've been getting the 60fps. That's really weird how this one is performing better when I expected it to push my laptop even harder for such a higher requirement spec then the first game.

Platform
    PC
    Very high.. On all my three laptops temperatures are the following:

Super high on the MSI
    Very high on the ASUS.
    ArchiHIGH on my Dell....

I would recommend a laptop cooler. I have one with 2 80mm coolers that effectively makes my Dell perform considerably faster and more stable
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSonic View Post
    Just put everything on Ultra and for some reason it actually runs cooler with Project Cars 2 then the first one. I put everything on Ultra and so far I haven't went over 75c and I've been getting the 60fps. That's really weird how this one is performing better when I expected it to push my laptop even harder for such a higher requirement spec then the first game.

Out of curiosity, what's your hardware?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's your hardware?
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ
    Windows 10
    Nvidia Geforce GTX1060
    16GB Ram

And my fan speed on my laptop is on high and this is the cooler I use underneath but I feel maybe the cooler I'm using is underpowered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSonic View Post
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ
    Windows 10
    Nvidia Geforce GTX1060
    16GB Ram

And my fan speed on my laptop is on high and this is the cooler I use underneath but I feel maybe the cooler I'm using is underpowered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    What brand is the laptop? Hopefully not a DELL ....
    Anyway, I would suggest using -fpscap command at ~60 so your GPU is not over rendering something is not needed. Limiting you will save power and reduce heat

Platform
    PC
    Your laptop will be a gaming omelette.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    What brand is the laptop? Hopefully not a DELL ....
    Anyway, I would suggest using -fpscap command at ~60 so your GPU is not over rendering something is not needed. Limiting you will save power and reduce heat
    Actually it's a CyberPowerPC Vector II Gaming Laptop found here

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/page/Vector-2/
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti