Thread: Couple of stock car questions...

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Couple of stock car questions...

I thought I'd try the Ford Fusion at Daytona and am having trouble understanding what I should be doing here. Don't really know much about NASCAR other than seeing a couple of races on telly so some advice would be appreciated:

1. Should I just be keeping the throttle pinned to the floor the whole time? There seems to be one corner at Daytona which needs some proper turn in, so should I just floor the throttle and turn hard or ease up on the throttle and turn as little as I can get away with?

2. What should I be aiming to do to achieve fast lap times? I've had a few laps that felt good in terms of smoothness but I was still almost a second off the pace.

3. A couple of times I have overheated the engine before the end of lap 1. No idea why as I didn't do anything different to the times it doesn't get overheated. Just wondered if there's some bug around this perhaps?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hoanggia1 View Post
    I thought I'd try the Ford Fusion at Daytona and am having trouble understanding what I should be doing here. Don't really know much about NASCAR other than seeing a couple of races on telly so some advice would be appreciated:

1. Should I just be keeping the throttle pinned to the floor the whole time? There seems to be one corner at Daytona which needs some proper turn in, so should I just floor the throttle and turn hard or ease up on the throttle and turn as little as I can get away with?

2. What should I be aiming to do to achieve fast lap times? I've had a few laps that felt good in terms of smoothness but I was still almost a second off the pace.

3. A couple of times I have overheated the engine before the end of lap 1. No idea why as I didn't do anything different to the times it doesn't get overheated. Just wondered if there's some bug around this perhaps?
    option one NEVER LIFT OFF THE THROTTLE unless coming to an accident you can go full throttle all the way around all year long

at daytona on the oval shortest way around is normally the quickest but you go low in the corners and take it out to the wall on the back stretch and the front stretch except when comming to the line where you take it to the bottom again going through the tri oval

Last edited by dault3883; 04-06-2018 at 02:01.
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.