Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe wheel lag?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Severe wheel lag?

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere on here, I looked but couldn't find it. I've been away from PCars 2 (xb1) playing F1 2018 , Assetto and Dirt4 lately. Once I came back to PCars2 I feel like my wheel is having severe lag. It's probably always been that way, but I never noticed it this much until I played some other racing games.
    I'm not sure if lag is the best way to describe it, but I feel like what I'm doing on my wheel is not matching what's happening with my car. It feels really delayed from when I turn my wheel, to when my car reacts.
    Could this be a wheel sensitivity thing, or just because PCars is more Sim like than the other games? It's just making this game unplayable for me, I feel like I have to turn 100ft before a turn, to actually make the cars turn which is silly. I've tried messing with wheel and FFB setting and haven't found anything that has help.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Platform
    PC
    It would be helpfull if you tell us the wheel and the monitor you are using. The monitor is usually one of the causes of the input lag, but could be also some seeting ingame.

Other user uploaded today a video about a problem of the FFB, but you can see the input lag is very, very low, because the real wheel maches the virtual wheel acuratelly. Of course, he is using a top setup with a very good wheel (CSW 2.0 + Porsche) and a low latency monitor (Acer Predator).

Compare the video with your personal experience: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1545680
    Last edited by Asturbo; 16-10-2018 at 06:47.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I am using a Logitech G920 wheel, with a LG 4K UHD TV. fFB settings are
    immersive
    Gain 50
    Volume 75
    Tone 70
    FX 30
    Menu spring .04
    I will post the other wheel setting when I get home, and try to get a video of the issue.
    Thanks

Platform
    PC
    TV's usually have a high input lag (much more than monitors). Look in your TV if you have a direct mode or game mode to disable all the filters that could cause input lag.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtroc71 View Post
    I'm sure this has been covered somewhere on here, I looked but couldn't find it. I've been away from PCars 2 (xb1) playing F1 2018 , Assetto and Dirt4 lately. Once I came back to PCars2 I feel like my wheel is having severe lag. It's probably always been that way, but I never noticed it this much until I played some other racing games.
    I'm not sure if lag is the best way to describe it, but I feel like what I'm doing on my wheel is not matching what's happening with my car. It feels really delayed from when I turn my wheel, to when my car reacts.
    Could this be a wheel sensitivity thing, or just because PCars is more Sim like than the other games? It's just making this game unplayable for me, I feel like I have to turn 100ft before a turn, to actually make the cars turn which is silly. I've tried messing with wheel and FFB setting and haven't found anything that has help.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Does the movement of your wheel match the on-screen wheel in cockpit view?
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz555 View Post
    Does the movement of your wheel match the on-screen wheel in cockpit view?
    My virtual wheel is like a half a second behind my real wheel.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    TV's usually have a high input lag (much more than monitors).
    Which, just to be pedantic, technically is output lag, not input lag Pretty sure that the PC is responding directly to input, just the TV is showing everything with lag.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    List of TVs with lag measured. The benefit of game mode is clear. I did not look at the whole list in detail, but 500ms or half a second does appear slow.

Jtroc71, what TV are you using?

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    He said it isnt happening with other racing games. That pretty much rules out lag from his display. I have no problems w pcars 2 but in pcars1 its bad enough that I simply wont play it.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetalon View Post
    He said it isnt happening with other racing games. That pretty much rules out lag from his display. I have no problems w pcars 2 but in pcars1 its bad enough that I simply wont play it.
    Sure, I was just trying to cover all the bases. I also don't have much lag in pcars2. It may be an issue with slow steering ratios as pcars2 sets the degrees of rotation to match the car you are using whereas many games, dirt included, set the dor lower by default giving a faster feel.

If you think that may be the issue you can adjust the steering rack ratios in set up for each car.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com