Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [resolved]xbox 1 controller not working

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[resolved]xbox 1 controller not working

Is anyone else having issues using an xbox one controller? I went into settings and all the settings are defaulted and show left thumb stick for steering and triggers for gas and brake but when I play the game the only thing that works is gas, brake, and the Y button. Nothing else works. I closed the game and started overwatch and the controller worked fine. I also opened ghost recon wildlands and the controller worked fine again. I reopen project cars and the same thing nothing works. Even in the main menu when it says to use the bumpers to navigate menus it doesn't work. In the main menu I can only use the right analog stick to move a cursor and that's it.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Platform
    PC
    Try going into controllers, select keboard, go back to main menu (so the game can save your setting) and get back to the controllers to select the proper XBX input and try again... Is a way to "reset" the iniput method.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I just tried that and I got the message about would I like to overwrite the controls.
    I chose yes then backed out went back in and picked Xbox 1 control and it still wouldn't work.

Platform
    PC
    Is the Xbox controller detected and functioning as expected in the Windows "USB / Game Controllers" section??
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by aszrael1266 View Post
    I just tried that and I got the message about would I like to overwrite the controls.
    I chose yes then backed out went back in and picked Xbox 1 control and it still wouldn't work.

I don't have a XBX control to try, but I'll msgs one of the members that have to chime in.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Henstridge View Post
    Is the Xbox controller detected and functioning as expected in the Windows "USB / Game Controllers" section??
    the PC reads and sees the controller. I just used it in 3 different games and it work perfectly. The controller is plugged directly into the PC not a usb hub or anything.

last time I check with the one controller (connected via USB) it was fine, but that was a few months back (I prefer the 360 controller) - and I won't be firing the game up to play it for several hours...

One question.. is this Steam being a pain in the arse and getting in the way.
    Have a look at Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings

untick all the options (if I recall correctly)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, FS7, Morgan Henstridge

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    last time I check with the one controller (connected via USB) it was fine, but that was a few months back (I prefer the 360 controller) - and I won't be firing the game up to play it for several hours...

One question.. is this Steam being a pain in the arse and getting in the way.
    Have a look at Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings

untick all the options (if I recall correctly)
    Yup you are right

It turns out it was steam's controller settings were out of whack. I put them to default and launched the game and it worked.
    The other games I tried were non steam games.
    Thanks for the quick responses and reply.

Quote Originally Posted by aszrael1266 View Post
    Yup you are right

It turns out it was steam's controller settings were out of whack. I put them to default and launched the game and it worked.
    The other games I tried were non steam games.
    Thanks for the quick responses and reply.
    no problem..

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Morgan Henstridge

Platform
    PC
    this was also affecting the T100 wheel and is now resolved from another thread, so it may affect any devices having issues, not just the Game Pad.
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||