Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS - What happend with the insane sound quality from PC1?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation SMS - What happend with the insane sound quality from PC1?

I fired up PC2 on my PS4 Pro and the sounds from the cars was way better in project cars 1.. I use turtle beach 800 elite and pc1 blows my ears off.. In Project cars 2 the sounds are bad. My BMW i3 makes more engine sounds than pc2.

Please rehire your sound enginer that worked on pc1 so we can enjoy it like it is supposed to.

Crank up the volume in the game engine please!

Loved project cars 1.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Alex911, Dresden, Firebird68, John Lyfan, Trebb

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsku28 View Post
    I fired up PC2 on my PS4 Pro and the sounds from the cars was way better in project cars 1.. I use turtle beach 800 elite and pc1 blows my ears off.. In Project cars 2 the sounds are bad. My BMW i3 makes more engine sounds than pc2.

Please rehire your sound enginer that worked on pc1 so we can enjoy it like it is supposed to.

Crank up the volume in the game engine please!

Loved project cars 1.
    This is a real concern. Surely this cant be the case.

Have you checked your sound settings?

Ive heard and been made aware that sound quality on cars has improved dramatically!!!
    Entertainment : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung 9500K Curved 65" 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Samsung Surround Sound 7.1

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The sound changes as you change views though...chasecam makes less sound than cocpit view for instance...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The bonnet cam has terrible sound compared to the incar sound.
    PS4 PRO, PS4 VR headset, 60inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, GT Omega pro cockpit, Fanatec CSL PS4 with BMW rim, Formula carbon rim, CSL loadcell pedals, Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, Turtle Beach Stealth700 Bluetooth h/set.
    The following user likes this Post: Firebird68

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver1989G View Post
    This is a real concern. Surely this cant be the case.

Have you checked your sound settings?

Ive heard and been made aware that sound quality on cars has improved dramatically!!!
    Hi, I have changed the sound setting from pcm, to dolby digital and dts but the sound is not near PC1. I drive in hood view or chase cam outside the car. I fired up PC1 with same sound output setting and did the test with same car and track (Aston Martin GT3) and the difference is huge. I have also checked sound setting in PC2 for volume. But the sound volume and quality was not even close to PC1 when it comes to engine/exhaust sound.
    The following user likes this Post: Trebb

Platform
    PC
    Odd, every review so far tells us that the sounds are (much) better. We worked very hard to add a new revs based system.

I'm wondering if you might have a setup issue somewhere.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I must have missed a setting somewhere because the first thing I did was jump into the VW rallycross car with bonnet cam to see how it compares to Dirt 4 and it sounds like I'm driving a Formula E electric car - not good ☹️
    PS4 PRO, PS4 VR headset, 60inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, GT Omega pro cockpit, Fanatec CSL PS4 with BMW rim, Formula carbon rim, CSL loadcell pedals, Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, Turtle Beach Stealth700 Bluetooth h/set.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Odd, every review so far tells us that the sounds are (much) better. We worked very hard to add a new revs based system.

I'm wondering if you might have a setup issue somewhere.
    That's my opninion too. Sound is way better now, and i love it. Sure not every cars sounds exciting for every ear, but that counts also for Real Life. I love the Engine Sounds and all the things around that, the Team has done some great work here! Finally a game what doesn't sound like cheap GoPro recordings on Youtube.
    My Sys: i7 6700K@4GHZ; Palit GTX 1080 Game Rock; 32GB Ram (2666MHZ) Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 (BMW Rim, Formula Rim and Universal Hub with QSP 300mm Wheel)
    CSP v3 + Clubsport Shifter SQ + DSD "Crew Chief" Button Box + Fanatec Handbrake + Oculus Rift CV1
    Seat from a Golf 3

2x27" AOC I2769VM + 1x 7" Screen for Telemetry, Everything on a Motedis Alu-Rig
    Origin-ID: dominiczeth ; Steam-ID: dominiczeth
    WMD 1 2xSenior, WMD 2 Gold Member, WMD Member since 2011

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Did you try to restart the game or even your system? There is still a bug in PC1 or maybe in PS4 OS that sometimes makes the main engine sound disappear and you basically simply hear the different engine effects like turbo whine and similar. Restart always cured it.

Maybe this bug is inherited?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'm hoping you are right as I'm using headphones and the PCars audio was far better and you're description of the main engine sound being missing kinda describes what I'm hearing so will try later when I get chance.