Thread: Need G920 help on PC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Need G920 help on PC

Need some help for PC2 on the PC. Using Logitech g920 wheel and I’ve tried many different settings. Basically the wheel while centered will vibrate/shake constantly (like it’s the motor constantly trying to center so it’s constantly knocking if you will). Only way I can get it to be reduced is to virtually turn gain down to 0 but then I have no FFB. I’ve tried messing around with the Logitech profiler and changing settings all over the place but maybe I’m missing something. It calibrates fine too and I don’t have this issue in the forza 7 demo or other games. Just this one. If anyone has a g920 wheel and knows of some standard good settings please help.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveAura View Post
    Need some help for PC2 on the PC. Using Logitech g920 wheel and I’ve tried many different settings. Basically the wheel while centered will vibrate/shake constantly (like it’s the motor constantly trying to center so it’s constantly knocking if you will). Only way I can get it to be reduced is to virtually turn gain down to 0 but then I have no FFB. I’ve tried messing around with the Logitech profiler and changing settings all over the place but maybe I’m missing something. It calibrates fine too and I don’t have this issue in the forza 7 demo or other games. Just this one. If anyone has a g920 wheel and knows of some standard good settings please help.

Turn the Logitech Profiler OFF, go to controls, select keyboard, exit to main menu (to save), and go back and select your wheel back again and try.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for the reply. I tried your suggestions but unfortunately I’m getting the same results. It’s not unbearable or jerking the wheel from my hands or anything, it’s just annoying it’s constantly vibrating centered.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I will say that I’m feeling a lot more feedback naturally in game in the wheel when I closed the profiler. Why is that? Before I wasn’t getting much inout from the game (rumble strips) etc but after closing that profiler I am. Weird

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveAura View Post
    I will say that I’m feeling a lot more feedback naturally in game in the wheel when I closed the profiler. Why is that? Before I wasn’t getting much inout from the game (rumble strips) etc but after closing that profiler I am. Weird
    I'm using G25 since... forever.. .Logitech profiler was always, let's say, 'not good'.

In regard of the wheel vibrating on the center, is that on the game menus ? or once in the car?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just while driving the car. It feels better and I’ve since dropped the gain from 100 to 90. I can live with it now I guess. Just wondered if there were other FFB settings I could tweak to eliminate it. I wasn’t expecting it because PC1 I didn’t have that issue.

Platform
    PC
    Let's keep monitoring this. Play with settings in the menu. You can access control settings from the Pause menu while you're driving. Start playing around with the settings a little bit to see if you reach a setting that you accept and let us know.