Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FFB problems

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

FFB problems

I bought PC1 for PC and Xbox and shelved both after a while because I couldn't get FFB right. Nevertheless, I pre-ordered PC2 for the Xbox on the assumption that this time, having acquired some experience and without the pressure of deadlines, they would get it right. Well, I was wrong. The game looks great, the interface is much more friendly, but, again, it is undrivable.

Instead of going into the grizzly details, the video below shows what happens with the car at a standstill with the engine off. It gets worse when I drive; the wheel shakes so much that I can't drive any car in a straight line. By the way, this is a vanilla Logitech G920 that I have been using without problems with Forza 6, F1 2017 and Assetto Corsa on the Xbox, as well as with other racing games in my computer. And yes, I tried tweaking all FFB parameters, from 0 to 100, as well as steering sensitivity and deadzone. The only way to stop this shaking is to turn FFB off.

As much as I wanted to enjoy it this time, the game is, once again, unplayable. Would the guys at SMS be willing to offer me a refund? If not, does anybody know if it is possible to get a refund from Microsoft?

Last edited by aleph99; 22-09-2017 at 15:06.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Video is unavailable.

And yes, contact Microsoft's customer support and they should guide you through the process.

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi,

I have the same problem with my Logitech g920. Game is unplayable If i have turn off engine, wheel is shaking. I pre race menu, wheel automatic rotate to right or left side.

Did you try going into controller settings and calibrate the wheel?

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TenthDan View Post
    Did you try going into controller settings and calibrate the wheel?
    Yes, i tried more times, but problem continue

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Sounds familiar, I started a thread yesterday about my Thrustmaster TX. Also undrivable.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Please Guys make a Video with the Telemetry HUD on. (And the FFB Widget on the lower left).

1st Video with the Issue. (Note which Settings, for example Custom Race - xx AI / Car / Track etc.)
    2nd Video without the Issue. (Note which Settings, for example Custom Race - xx AI / Car Track etc.) - Same Car / Track as Video 1.

Then we can forward it directly to the Devs...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, ironik, PostBox981, RomKnight

Platform
    PC
    What happens if you turn the FFB Volume to 30?
    CPU Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK | RAM 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (390.77) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 / 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I had a similar issue, I only had an hour last night to play with it but i ended up with "raw" preset , FF down to 52 and FX upto 60. Felt quite good

Platform
    XBOX1
    Same issue and get no right feeling for the middle. The wheel did no go to middle. And no feedback when I brake and tires begin to block. Physics seems great but FFB isn't. I'm using G920 too. And when I start a test session the wheel turns from alone to the right. Please fix that I would be a shame if the FFB destroy the complete experience.
    Last edited by Psychomatrix; 22-09-2017 at 11:50.
    If life gives you lemons than make lemonade out of it
    Xbox gamertag Psychomantyx .....
    Favorite Racinggames: Assetto Corsa - PCars - F1 2017 and lot others since Grand Prix Legends ..........
    The following user likes this Post: tdurbo