Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T300RS connected to USB hub is not recognized by Project Cars 2

Kart Driver

T300RS connected to USB hub is not recognized by Project Cars 2

Hi everyone. I am enjoing the game very mutch but have one major issue. My T300RS does not work in Project Cars 2 when it is connected via USB Hub( powered one) to my PS4 Pro. Game just does not see the wheel at all. When I plug the wheel directly to a console it works fine. Please fix this.

Platform
    PC
    Thrustmaster do not recommend the use of a hub, their recommendation is to plug directly into the PS4..

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I have my t300 and th8a (also a button box on pcars 1, though currently not working on pcars 2) running through a hub and its working fine. If anything its the hub you are using rather than 'hub support' so in reality there is nothing to fix there beyond the hardware you are using.
    My sony bluetooth headset has a dongle and the external hard drive takes up another usb. All in all, its about time sony stopped short changing us on usb ports, especially when their headphones 'need' a usb dongle.
    Grandstand/Atari VCS/zx81/ZX Spectrum 48k/CBM 64/Atari STfm/CBM Amiga/Sega master system/Sega Genesis/Sega32x/Sega Saturn/SegaDreamcast/Super Nintendo/Nintendo 64/Sony PSX/Playstation 2/Playstation 3/Playstation 4/xbox/Xbox360/Lots of pc's/Plus Lots of portable gaming stuff/dfgt/thrustmaster t300rs with pro pedals and th8a.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I wish I could get mine to work, period.

So are you guys on disc or digital? Is your wheel the latest firmware (25)? Shifter plugged in to wheel or PS4 directly?

I'm trying to narrow down the problem...
    Last edited by gufazi; 22-09-2017 at 15:47.

Kart Driver
    All other racing games work fine with my USB hub. Even Project Cars 1. So I say it IS Project Cars 2 bug.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek160 View Post
    All other racing games work fine with my USB hub. Even Project Cars 1. So I say it IS Project Cars 2 bug.
    why don't you just plug it into the ps4?

Kart Driver
    Coz I have a sim rig an my cables are tied up on it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I can use a hub with PCars1, allowing me to run T150, TH8A plus my Bluetooth Sony PS headset which needs a dongle plugged in.

Now....I can't. Backwards step. Not a hardware issue as it's fine with PCars1. Invested in wheel, shifter, t3pa (for the clutch pedal) and now can't use them all. Nice work....

Platform
    PS4
    Like someone said earlier, it is not recommended to run what ever wheel through a hub , I have a hub however it's plugged in to the rear usb port of my ps4 pro. I have never ran my wheel through a hub because it's not recommended.
    If you can't pass the car in front , just put on the pressure , they'll soon make a mistake.

Platform
    PS4
    Hi Gufazi,

In PC1 i already had my T500RS and the shifter on a non-powered hub and that worked fine. Now inPC2 i had the problem that PC2 didn't see my T500RS unless i unplugged and replugged the usb hub (Steer and shifter), but than the buttons worked but i didn't had FFB. Then i found this tip:

3 Steps:

1. Use the T500 on the left USB-Port of your PS4; it won't work on the right
    2. Don't connect a shifter or other aditional hardware. If you use a shifter and T500 you can't confirm with "X" at the starting screen, so have the shifter unplugged.
    3. If you want to use a shifter or other additional hardware plug it in after you confirmed with "X" on the wheel at the starting screen.

And what do you think, it works. Also the shifter after re-connecting it.
    Pcars Car Database II --- PCars Car Database Facebook Page
    PS4 - T500RS wheel - T3PA-PRO Pedals - TH8A Add-On Shifter - Playseat Alcantara Black - Sony Bravia (60" Full HD 3D-TV Dynamic Edge LED)
    The following user likes this Post: Ho-Lee-Chit